Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

My MY 02 Shifter rattles horribly.Tried electrical tape & foam. NE ideas what next?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 02:16 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was just wondering guys, don't get your sphincters in an uproar.

My Pcar philosophy has been and will always be " If it ain't broke don't fix it & if it doesn't make the car faster/brake better/handle better, don't waste $ on it"

ZP44
Old 03-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44

My Pcar philosophy has been and will always be " If it ain't broke don't fix it & if it doesn't make the car faster/brake better/handle better, don't waste $ on it"

ZP44
Man, it's hard to sit on an uproaring sphincter!

In my case, the leather on the original **** was pretty worn (does that count as "broke"?), but I admit I like the look of the '02 shift **** better. I'm sure that Porsche crest embedded in the aluminum adds a tenth or two...

-Chris
Old 03-23-2007, 02:29 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris W. - '96 Targa
Man, it's hard to sit on an uproaring sphincter!

In my case, the leather on the original **** was pretty worn (does that count as "broke"?), but I admit I like the look of the '02 shift **** better. I'm sure that Porsche crest embedded in the aluminum adds a tenth or two...

-Chris
Mine was worn when I bought my 993 two years ago but I had it dyed for $20.00 and it still looks great.

ZP44
Old 03-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Chris W. - '96 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mine was worn when I bought my 993 two years ago but I had it dyed for $20.00 and it still looks great.

ZP44
Good deal! I bought the MY02 **** on eBay for $20, paid a local shoe repair place $5 to dye it black (the **** was an ugly brown), and now it looks great too.

So, you came out $5 ahead, but I still have the Porsche crest embedded in the aluminum and the associated extra tenth or two...

-Chris
Old 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Garth S
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

ZP44
There's another school of Pcar philosophy that adheres to the corollary ......... "if it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is"

I think the two views cover most of our DIY's ...
Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

ZP44...how does that explain your color matched wheels and "Ugly Matching Painted Centers"?

Bake

Nels,
Thanks...I love them as well.

Last edited by SCMomentum; 03-24-2007 at 03:05 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Pickled Piper
Instructor

ZP44
I apply that philosophy to the hatchback my wife leaves parked at the station and that I use for runs to the tip. However, half the fun of owning my 993 is tinkering with it, whether it needs it or not.

pp

Quick Reply: My MY 02 Shifter rattles horribly.Tried electrical tape & foam. NE ideas what next?