993 Forum 1995-1998

Oxygen Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:13 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygen Sensors

I received my DACH X-pipe w/ sport cats. I will install the x-pipe this weekend.
I have all the bolts loosened as well as the oxygen sensors. How do I disconnect the Oxygen sensors so I do not twist the wires? I see where they pass thru the rubber grommet and come into engine compartment, but how do you unplug/disconnect them?
I know I can get them out with out removing, but am interested on how to unplug them anyway.
It's been pretty cold here in NJ, and been working on car a little at a time.

Thanks again.

Carmen
Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 AM
KASH '95 993
Racer

You can unplug the O2 sensor at the junction box next to the oil fill cap. It has an unusual plug, I believe you have to slide in or pull out the locking mechanism (memory is a little fuzzy after two years).
Old 03-08-2007, 03:33 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

Hi Carmen, to unplug the sensor, move up to the rectangular connection in the box Kash is talking about.
The electrical plug is a square type matchbox style and size. It is covered by a red peg style clip from three sides.
from the empty side(normally right side of the match box) push/slide the red peg extremities as if to slide the peg to the left side.
It slides easily, as if opening the matchbox, but sliding the cover, not the inner part. Slide it to the max it goes, and the sensor plug will pop out.
When refitting, the plug goes in snuggly, and slide the red cover back.
As for the rubber gromet, nothing simpler. Just push it from underneath the engine, and it pops out with no effort.
The grommet is slit cut originally, so as to slide out the cables. voila!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:09 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Thank you gentlemen...

Quick Reply: Oxygen Sensors