Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: ANYONE HERE GOING TO SEBRING 12HR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:39 AM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up OT: ANYONE HERE GOING TO SEBRING 12HR?

Just curious if anyone might have any advice on the
best area(s) for spectating. And/or parking. It's going
to be a long day, but it should be pretty amazing.
TIA, Craig
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anywhere in the infield is decent, they've raised a few of the grass berms so there are better spectating spots than before. My advice, bring a couple chairs and a cooler and get there a little early to get a decent spot at the turn 3 berm, that's a great place to start.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

I like to watch the start at the start/finish line then work my way over to the squiggly parts. As pcar964 says, the infield is the best place to be.

Its spring break time and there will be quite a bit of rowdiness so just be prepared for that (My favorite was two guys riding in the back of a pick-up, one with a camera and one with a sign that said, "Show us your t*ts." When a girl would flash them, the guy with the camera would take a photo and the other guy would flip the sign over and it read, "Thanks for the mammaries!")

Oh, it gets cool and damp once the sun goes down so be prepared for that. Have fun...It's a great race.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:24 AM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Do you know if it will be a rolling start or a standing start?

Thanks for the heads-up. We've been to bike week in
Daytona and spring break in Key West, so no worries
about the "kids". It's all good, as they say.

Originally Posted by TMc993
I like to watch the start at the start/finish line then work my way over to the squiggly parts. As pcar964 says, the infield is the best place to be.

Its spring break time and there will be quite a bit of rowdiness so just be prepared for that (My favorite was two guys riding in the back of a pick-up, one with a camera and one with a sign that said, "Show us your t*ts." When a girl would flash them, the guy with the camera would take a photo and the other guy would flip the sign over and it read, "Thanks for the mammaries!")

Oh, it gets cool and damp once the sun goes down so be prepared for that. Have fun...It's a great race.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:34 AM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Thanks. We'll check out the turn 3 berm. We've been told that the hairpin just past start/finish is a good spot too.
The cooler w/wheels and lawn chairs are lined up. Ear plugs and sunscreen are
packed. We get to my sister's place on Wednesday.
RS SPYDERS. GT3RSR's.
I Can't wait!

Originally Posted by pcar964
Anywhere in the infield is decent, they've raised a few of the grass berms so there are better spectating spots than before. My advice, bring a couple chairs and a cooler and get there a little early to get a decent spot at the turn 3 berm, that's a great place to start.

Quick Reply: OT: ANYONE HERE GOING TO SEBRING 12HR?