Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

What do you think of this car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:24 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as long as the work was documented and performed by a reputable shop, i think you can safely continue looking at the car. i'd also expect some sort of discount, but i am not sure how much.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

What is the asking price?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:37 PM
jberkes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

LUISJR993-

Ask is $35,993, and I'm selling it because I acquired a car just like the one in your avatar (same color - black is beautiful). Anyone that's interested is welcome to do a PPI (I wouldn't buy a car myself without a PPI) and is, of course, welcome to make an offer. With respect to the accident, it was news to me when I pulled the new CARFAX a couple of weeks ago that I posted on my web site, www.tallyboard.com. The prior owner didn't bother telling me the trtuth about the car when asked, so I unfortunately have no information on the mishap. I do know that I have had no issues with the car in nearly 4 years of ownership and have not noticed any over-spray or other paint issues when washing or waxing the car. Also, the shop that did my PPI, the shop that did the most recent oil change, the shop that did the suspension work, and the Porsche dealer that did the wiring harness replacement a few months ago all had the car on the lift, checked it over thoroughly and none of them noticed any accident-related damage. Must go as the GT3 is "in the house" and I have 2 other new cars on order. No disgusting, disgraceful, despicable low ball offers entertained, but given the circumstances, I'm realistic about the price.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:37 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jberkes
LUISJR993-

Ask is $35,993, and I'm selling it because I acquired a car just like the one in your avatar (same color - black is beautiful). Anyone that's interested is welcome to do a PPI (I wouldn't buy a car myself without a PPI) and is, of course, welcome to make an offer. With respect to the accident, it was news to me when I pulled the new CARFAX a couple of weeks ago that I posted on my web site, www.tallyboard.com. The prior owner didn't bother telling me the trtuth about the car when asked, so I unfortunately have no information on the mishap. I do know that I have had no issues with the car in nearly 4 years of ownership and have not noticed any over-spray or other paint issues when washing or waxing the car. Also, the shop that did my PPI, the shop that did the most recent oil change, the shop that did the suspension work, and the Porsche dealer that did the wiring harness replacement a few months ago all had the car on the lift, checked it over thoroughly and none of them noticed any accident-related damage. Must go as the GT3 is "in the house" and I have 2 other new cars on order. No disgusting, disgraceful, despicable low ball offers entertained, but given the circumstances, I'm realistic about the price.
I too went from a 95 993 with some goodies on it to the GT3. The GT3 is hands down a way better car and phenomenal on the track. With that said, I kick myself daily for selling my 993 and will be buying another one within the next year. Good luck with the sale!
Old 02-08-2007, 01:15 AM
PolarBear
Intermediate

jberkes,

You have a great car, any chance you can find details on the accident?
Old 02-08-2007, 03:09 AM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My neighbor's A6 right rear just got backed into while driving at 5 mph looking for a space in a supermarket parking lot . Said both cars were more or less barely moving until the slo-mo "crunch"

His bumper hooked, slight quarter panel damage, and some lights/lenses need replacing. The accident was reported, insurance is covering. 4-5K damage.

Unfortunately, his car now carries the Carfax "accident" stigma on resale down the line, and his premiums may increase.

I'm sure 99.9% of porsche damage gets reported. It's the .1% that'll get you.

Carfax...Can't live with it, can't live without it.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:43 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jberkes

Ask is $35,993
I think that all 993's are overpriced, it's Winter, and it has accident history. Those are the reasons that it's not selling. Also, it's red (some people think that's too flashy) and a 95 (I think most prefer the 96-98 variocam models).

However, it looks great and has low mileage. You may just have to wait until that right person comes along. The older and more expensive a car is, the more difficult it is to find that right buyer. Be patient. It took me quite a while to sell mine (an identical '96) and it had no accident history that I'm aware of.

Michael
Old 02-08-2007, 03:29 PM
jberkes
Intermediate

Thanks, Michael. I agree and am patient (until early summer anyway when the other 2 cars arrive). The '95 vs. '96-98 debate is interesting though. A lot of people prefer the '95 because of the CEL issues with the newer cars.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:51 PM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

I think that all 993's are overpriced
Just curious as to why you believe this? If the market bears the price, wouldn't that indicate otherwise?

Dave
Old 03-09-2007, 04:06 PM
PolarBear
Intermediate

jberkes,

Did you get any information on the accident? That might really help me with this car.

Anybody know of other nice 95 for sale like this one?
Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SCMomentum
Just curious as to why you believe this? If the market bears the price, wouldn't that indicate otherwise?

Dave
People keep buying Cadillac Escalades too, but that doesn't make it right.

Quick Reply: What do you think of this car?