Notices

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Butzi
User

For those of you who have never heard of LinkedIn, you should check it out, I use their free account (no affiliation other than user).

Very similar experience as this networking on the rennlist board... We could even create our own "Rennlist" group through LinkedIn keeping the networking off of the boards, making it easier to search/contact etc. Reading through 8+ pages is fun, the first time...Imagine scrolling back through this later to find someone/something specific.

Perhaps John D. would be interested in checking it out. I will send him the link.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:13 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

We need a job posting thread too!

I'm 6 mos. into my return to the mortgage biz, this time on the wholesale, subprime side. And I am beginning to regret my decision. I think I'd rather do something with a lot of int'l. travel.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:18 AM
obchuck
User

I agree w/chef_jmr - reading through this is fun - the first time! I'm also a member of Linkedin but, honestly, don't ever use it. Perhaps if we had a Porsche/993 network??? Like this thread, a good idea!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:50 AM
John Velasco
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fun thread! I am a low voltage guy. I and team design and build systems for homes and small commercial buildings. Such as, Theaters, Internet accessible camera systems, digital phone systems, distributed audio systems, security systems, lighting systems and any other type of automation you can describe. Call me if you need that surround system enhanced or installed. We have done work all over the western United States and Hawaii so we might be in your area.

jv

Old 01-22-2007, 12:59 AM
IRIE911
User

I'm Jamaican so I can't have just one job.

1.Sales Manager for a major Commercial Fitness Equipment manufacture.
2.Owner of company that sells flooring, lockers, tanning beds, saunas ect (Items that are not sold by above company yet must haves in a commercial fitness setting)
3.Owner of 3 Fitness Centers.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pretty cool thread! There are some pretty cool jobs out there, apparently! Guess mine won't make the "short list" of extremely kewl, but I love what I do so here goes...

CEO, Registered Principal and Managing Partner of my own Wealth Management Firm here in Nashville, TN. We help individuals and small business owners manage their investment portfolios, analyze their financial risks and plan their risk management strategies. We do everything from simple investment strategies to complex estate plans and business continuation plans. We use a completely "independent" broker dealer which does not own any mutual fund companies, insurance companies, etc... This allows us to give objective and unbiased advice regardless of the vendor used, based strictly on the wants, needs and desires of the client.

Worked for a big insurance company/major wirehouse type for nine years and learned the ropes. I realized I needed to be independent for their to TRULY be no conflict between my recommendations and what was in the client's best interest.

I went independent in 2001 and have never been happier nor have I ever looked back!! (Besides, it has financed my 81 911SC, my 96 993 C2 cab and my 993TT!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!)

Always available for any Rennlisters with questions about insurance or investments. No question is a stupid question. Glad to help!! This place has been a saving grace for me every single time I have EVER had a Porsche problem. Glad to give back if I can!
Old 01-22-2007, 01:15 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by IRIE911
I'm Jamaican so I can't have just one job.

1.Sales Manager for a major Commercial Fitness Equipment manufacture.
2.Owner of company that sells flooring, lockers, tanning beds, saunas ect (Items that are not sold by above company yet must haves in a commercial fitness setting)
3.Owner of 3 Fitness Centers.
Irie Man
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Hardcore unemployed.

Used to be real good at writing ads. Or getting others to write real good ads.

Gave myself a year to figure out what to do next in life. That was two and a half years ago.

So I'm living in Jackson Hole, skiing, and heading east every so often to beat air-cooled cars with a water-pumper.

Oh yeah, also spend a little time running the most fun, and most honest, race team in the world.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I shot this today at the office.
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2007, 01:40 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

SMARTA$$!! Although, I would take your job (or lack thereof) in a New YOrk minute!!!

Seriously, Mike, that's an awesome picture. Which resort/slope/peak is that?
Old 01-22-2007, 01:59 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks Robert

The tall peak in the distance is Grand Teton, 13,770 feet

The photo was taken at the top of Snow King Ski Resort, also called "The Town Hill" here.

Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is just out of picture to the left in the Teton Range in the shot above.

You can see more of Snow King here, and JHMR is basically the right hand side of the second shot of the southern Tetons

Even Paradise has drawbacks, it can be cold here -- It was 25 below here for four nights in a row last week
Attached Images   
Old 01-22-2007, 02:09 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Cold, but gorgeous!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:27 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Cold, but gorgeous!

As you can see, not always cold, but always gorgeous.
Attached Images  
Old 01-22-2007, 05:43 AM
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm a senior level logistics & operations manager. I currently work for a company that specializes in delivering catered products & grocery items to the film industry in SoCal. My background also includes a lot experience in the overnight parcel (i.e FedEx) & medical device industries.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Church of Noise
User

Don't have a 993 (or any other Porsche for that matter), but I hope to own one in the future.

I'm a M.Sc. in mech. and electrotechnical engineering, did some PhD work about impact behaviour of composites (that are used for airplanes, such as the Airbus A380), starting in one of the largest aircraft MRO (maintenance, repair & overhaul) & support companies on Feb 1st.
I've got experience with CAD/CAM (such as SolidWorks) and Finite Element software (CosmosWorks, Abaqus, ...)

Do any of you use LinkedIn? It's a very very useful tool for professional networking. My profile over there:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: