Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:42 PM
sidned
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wanna move to DC?
What are you offering Trinitony?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:15 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Believe me Mark, it isnt all cracked-up to what it appears to be on the outside

Its extreme highs and lows, nothing inbetween. There is only one winner, so its a majority of lows
Old 01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Most jobs never are, Chris.

But I think you're just being modest.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:35 PM
MGA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Animal Nutritionist. Own a company that makes high-quality dry pet food for private label clients. Many of you feed your pets food I formulated and/or produce(d). BTW, looking to buy my 2 partners out...any equity investment guys out there?
Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Butzi
Pro

Residential Real Estate sales & investments in San Francisco (McGuire Real Estate); Specializing in Investment-grade securitized TIC (tenant-in-common) interest sales mainly geared towards 1031 Exchange replacement property purposes (Welton Street Investments, LLC) [aka, TIC/1031 Exchanges]. Real estate is in my blood. PM me with any questions...

I was once a French-trained chef (Cordon Bleu; Georges Blanc in Vonnas, France & Les Bouquinistes, Paris--Guy Savoy's bistro), hence my call-sign. I miss the kitchen, but not the hours.

rbeggs:I noticed your ties to the Coppola family's body of work. Good San Franciscan supporters. Love their movies! I assume you got to work with "AIR" on Sophia's movies; I've been a fan of theirs since the Moon Safari days...

Had a 996, don't miss it. My first 993 is on the way!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:00 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently, acting site manger for a NASA geophysical observatory housing a 20m antenna used for radio astronomy doing experiments for a project called VLBI. Have been at the same location for the last ( egads!!) 30 years and hope to be here for 30 more. Best part of the job is the 13 mile winding mountain road up to the site that I drive as my daily commute.

If ever any of you are on Kauai and would like a tour of the facility, let me know.

Very interesting thread.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:17 PM
obchuck
Racer

I'll say it again - This is an incredible thread!!! Great info and contacts! (I forsee it getting to be a bit too long, however.) But oh well - very interesting stuff.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:29 PM
carreranow
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Very cool thread and great idea! Interesting variety.
Just got my 1st Pcar 8 days ago. '95 993 black coupe with 37K miles. I'd like to say my "new" career is just driving it all day long. What a blast!
If I told you that I'm a financial advisor/planner, my reply would have to have a disclosure that would be longer than the 100+ replies to this awesome thread, so.....I'll stick with my "new" career.
Gotta get back in my cockpit now. See ya!
Vrrrrrooooooooom!!!
Old 01-21-2007, 03:45 PM
911C2
Racer

Hey this is amazing.

Not a lot of car related jobs out there.

Ok so Im a Fixed Operations district manager for a Japanese auto manufacturer. You knwo when you go to the deaelrship and you say you wanna talk to the factory guy. That's me. Love the job drive a new car every 30 to 45 days. But that means I drive 65K a year.
I deal with what happens after a custoemr buys a car. Parts, Service, CSI and of course financial consulting with the dealership on Fixed ops profitability.

Need my help just PM
Old 01-21-2007, 04:04 PM
lowblow
Racer

Neat thread.

I am a commercial building contractor in South Florida. My specialty is office interior renovations but we also do some light industrial, warehouse space etc. No residential and no ground up structural.
I'm entering into my 11th year of my own company. We work very closely with developers, leasing agents, architects, etc.

If anyone in the South Florida area needs an office remodeled, I'm your guy.

Mike
Old 01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chef_jmr
Residential Real Estate sales & investments in San Francisco (McGuire Real Estate); Specializing in Investment-grade securitized TIC (tenant-in-common) interest sales mainly geared towards 1031 Exchange replacement property purposes (Welton Street Investments, LLC) [aka, TIC/1031 Exchanges]. Real estate is in my blood. PM me with any questions...

I was once a French-trained chef (Cordon Bleu; Georges Blanc in Vonnas, France & Les Bouquinistes, Paris--Guy Savoy's bistro), hence my call-sign. I miss the kitchen, but not the hours.

rbeggs:I noticed your ties to the Coppola family's body of work. Good San Franciscan supporters. Love their movies! I assume you got to work with "AIR" on Sophia's movies; I've been a fan of theirs since the Moon Safari days...

Had a 996, don't miss it. My first 993 is on the way!
We have some really inexpensive beachfront R.E. (relative to anything you'd see in most beach communities and especially in CA ). Send those 1031 people this way and we'll show them where to spend it.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:24 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=kkim]If ever any of you are on Kauai and would like a tour of the facility, let me know.QUOTE]

We drove right by your facility in December. What a commute!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Small town lawyer doing insurance defense work mostly. It pays the bills.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,805 Likes on 1,713 Posts

Cool thread!

CP - You're living my dream. When I was in high school I took 1st and 2nd year university drafting courses in preparation to become an Architect. I specifically wanted to design large, multimillion homes until I realized I was looking at 8 years of school and 5 years of practicum before I could even start building a name for myself. My respects to you. I went to business school instead.

vj3d - lead guitar player for a Dead cover band? Now you're talkin'. I love Jerry and The Dead and though not worthy of deadhead status, I did catch a few shows before Jerry passed. I just saw Grisman here in Vancouver about six months ago.

About my profession:
I'm one of the leads for a small, publicly-traded Oil and Gas E&P company. I primarily help capitalize the company and manage the fiduciary affairs of the public company side of the business.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:41 PM
ssarchi
Burning Brakes

Very useful thread.... I hope to call on some of you soon
Self-employed architect with a history of finding clients with custom needs. Some big projects and mostly small residential projects. Favor quality over quantity and I am a stickler for details and long term durability. We are attempting to become LEED certified so that we can analyze existing structures for energy effeciency. Web site is: stevensivak.com and there is lots of good info available in the profile section.
Will exchange services for the right P-Car!!!!!!

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.