Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by F18drvr
It's not everyday that you get to toot your own horn...so hold on bro's...
Soooooooooo cool. Thanks for your service and I am so envious. I get air sick looking at a merry-go-round.

Also, I just finished reading, Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds. You guys are something else.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 01-12-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:11 PM
chaoscreature
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F18drvr,

Have your buddy post his resume in the jobs wanted section here on Rennlist, he might get lucky!
In socal expect to pay more for living expenses and get paid less... Lots of companies are moving out but there is still a LOT of industry around and Electrical Engineers are always in demand.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:52 AM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Cool thread! I am the founder and managing partner of two small businesses.

NYC / NJ time critical trucking, messenger, courier, logistics.
www.shipaccurate.com

Started this business for fun as a hobby, I get to play with cars every day and make a living doing it.
www.dnaautowholesale.com
Old 01-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Jascha-M
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
I sell technical translation services to the engineering and medical industries. We currently work with many international corps including General Electric, IBM, Gambro, Sharp & Air Liquide.
A 'curious rocket-surgeon' wanted to know what is meant by "technical translation"... (manuals/technical support?)
Old 01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Monkey Brain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRSWILL
Monkey brain-I too am a Guitar Player! 37 years playing, recording and generally goofing around. I Have AT LEAST as much $$ in Guitars and $Hit as I have in my 993 LOL! Hence my name PRSWILL- PRS Custom 22 10 top (Favorite axe), Gibson Les Paul GT, Fender American Deluxe 50th anniversary, Taylor 810CE, Martin D14, and on and on and on!!!
Will. Nice line-up!

Here's mine:

67 Les Paul Custom
84ish - Jackson Randy Rhoads
Ibanez JS1000
Ibanez JS1200
Taylor 414CE

Itching like crazy for a PRS.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:25 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Wow, I had to go back almost 7 years to the day for my original post #40 back on 1/20/2007 for my jump in point to this thread........damn how time flies!
Nothing much has changed other than older and not building pipes anymore. Trying to sell my life's work of the last 10 years off and hoping to try something different some day. Kids are older (daughter has her first little "boyfriend" and just signed up for drivers ed (school version, not track - that comes later ).

Amazing how diverse we all are in our lives and yet still have this same interest in 993. So different, yet so the same!

Monkey....... \m/ 80's metal baby

Carry on............
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Wow, I had to go back almost 7 years to the day for my original post #40 back on 1/20/2007 for my jump in point to this thread........damn how time flies!
Nothing much has changed other than older and not building pipes anymore. Trying to sell my life's work of the last 10 years off and hoping to try something different some day. Kids are older (daughter has her first little "boyfriend" and just signed up for drivers ed (school version, not track - that comes later ).

Amazing how diverse we all are in our lives and yet still have this same interest in 993. So different, yet so the same!

Monkey....... \m/ 80's metal baby

Carry on............
Actually sort of bumped this thread a wk ago, and like u first posted in it way back #22.

Time sure flys..my daughter took drivers ed classroom back in summer, got her permit on her 16th b'day last month, and now I'm teaching her to drive.

Did u ever finish your 914?
Old 01-15-2014, 12:34 AM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoscreature
F18drvr,

Have your buddy post his resume in the jobs wanted section here on Rennlist, he might get lucky!
In socal expect to pay more for living expenses and get paid less... Lots of companies are moving out but there is still a LOT of industry around and Electrical Engineers are always in demand.
Good idea...and thanks. I was down in your neck of the woods today and had lunch at the "Yellow Deli"...good eats!!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRINITONY

Did u ever finish your 914?
No Like a bad college student, I'm on the 10 year plan
I'm further along, its a roller and I'm working on the interior and all the rubber bits right now. Hoping to hit it hard this summer if time allows.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jascha-M
A 'curious rocket-surgeon' wanted to know what is meant by "technical translation"... (manuals/technical support?)
Installation, operator and maintenance manuals etc for gas turbines, nuclear reactors (power generation stuff), the same for oil field exploration heavy equiptment.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:55 AM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Soooooooooo cool. Thanks for your service and I am so envious. I get air sick looking at a merry-go-round.

Also, I just finished reading, Fighter Pilot: The Memoirs of Legendary Ace Robin Olds. You guys are something else.
Great book. A real warrior. I was lucky and happy to be there when I was in....now we r in a very sad state of affairs...

Thx....
Old 01-29-2014, 11:42 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the father of four lovely daughters (Linda, Laura, Lisa, and Lily) and husband to the beautiful Helena. I presently drive a Midnight Blue metallic-color 1995 C4 coupe. Before that I owned a 1966 912 that a friend gave me *for free* years ago, and a 1970 911 T sunroof coupe that replaced the 912. I have a commercial glider rating with about 1500 flight hours in a Grob Twin Astir sailplane similar to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grob_G103_Twin_Astir. When I had younger knees I was a weekend ski patroller at Alta (Utah). We are moving from Salt Lake to Spokane; my dentist wife is undertaking a new practice there. Helena and I are both proud Ann Arbor Michigan Wolverines (nursing & dentistry; LSA & medicine). A few misguided cousins went to Ohio State and one brother went to MSU in East Lansing. My wife and girls are dual USA-Estonian citizens and speak Estonian at home. They are very smart, and of course Estonia is home to some of the most beautiful women in the world.

I work as an internist at the Veterans Affairs Department and can assist if anyone needs a curbside consult to help understand a medical problem.

My daughter Linda wants to take the 993 to college in a few years. I know would have been outclassed and probably intimidated by a beautiful college girl driving a Porsche…I like her plan!

Mike Lincoln
Old 01-29-2014, 11:59 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike,

Welcome to Spokane. It will be nice to have another 993 in town. We have a pretty active Porsche community here and you will enjoy participating if you are into the PCA crowd.

Best way to describe me is I like to keep busy. I am still very active in high tech and can help with strategy, operations, transactions and raising capital. I have been involved with a handful of transactions, raising private equity, venture and debt financing, and am mostly involved with cloud computing businesses. I have been a CEO twice with two successful exits. Last October the CEO of a cloud computing company I have been on the board of and invested in asked me to step into an operating role and I am having a blast helping to build this business from scratch. So if any of you out there are entrepreneurs or high tech growth guys I might be able to help you.

I have been wrenching on cars since I was 12, and one of the most enjoyable things I have done is get one of the companies I was running into the automotive market. We participated in 4 new vehicle designs, two for a Stuttgart based company, one for GM and one for Nissan.

Matt

Last edited by mgerber; 01-30-2014 at 12:17 AM. Reason: too wordy
Old 01-30-2014, 12:28 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 993inNC
No Like a bad college student, I'm on the 10 year plan
I'm further along, its a roller and I'm working on the interior and all the rubber bits right now. Hoping to hit it hard this summer if time allows.
how many more years before u reach 10?
Old 01-30-2014, 10:36 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
how many more years before u reach 10?
5 Unless I can get a real lick on it this summer!

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.