Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:38 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update!!

Originally Posted by gordo993
I'll bite - Paramedic - Firefighter. Unless you come to my neck of the woods and catastrophe strikes, I probably can't be of much help either.

I just received my certification in Arson Investigation so if you are trying to scam your insurance company, you don't want me snooping around your burnt-up stuff.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I gotta say...you guys have VERY interesting jobs!! I thought i'd be seeing investment banker, financial analyst, etc.. We even have a baseball player here! Very cool!!

Who woulda thought??!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:00 PM
obchuck
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't worry Arrwin, I'm an investment puke!
Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Pete
Instructor

Originally Posted by Arrwin
I gotta say...you guys have VERY interesting jobs!! I thought i'd be seeing investment banker, financial analyst, etc.. We even have a baseball player here! Very cool!!

Who woulda thought??!
I just read an article in today's Chicago Tribune that a Chicago ad agency just got the Porsche account. They're all fired up over the prestige of getting such an exclusive brand as Porsche. The article points out that the median age of Porsche owners is 51 and the mean household income is $400,000/year! Well, I'm way over the median age and way under the income, but there must be a lot of financial types with Porsches Arrwin 'cause I sure as hell don't know many civil engineers pulling down $400K!

Pete
Old 09-06-2007, 07:50 PM
obchuck
Racer

I'm 30 and don't make anything near that number - then again, my car is a 1996. I'm sure the statistic above refers to "new" P-car buyers.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 AM
bobesser
Pro

Originally Posted by Marlon
I am a contracted Oversight Executive for advanced technology demonstration programs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) at the Pentagon. We comb and sift thru commercial industry, National Labs, acadamia, etc. for potentially useful technologies or innovations and craft a one, two or three year development program that, if successful, transition as new capabilities to the Joint Warfighter. These programs are known as Joint Capability Technology Demonstrations (JCTD), formerly Advanced Concept Technology Demonstrations. You can google both. Probably not much of a resource for this forum other than possibly a Pentagon tour.
That is like what I did at the Missile Defense Agency, but we did it on a smaller scale. Also, depending on what my new Navy Reserve billet is this fall, I may be on a technology development panel of some sort.

Bob
Old 09-09-2007, 03:20 PM
alex973
Instructor

Well i am unemployed, former Hotel GM, i am loving the time off for now.
planing to go to Rennsport reunion at Daytona. anyone?
ok, any rennlisters with Hotels in tri state area?
regards

Alex

Last edited by alex973; 01-11-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:24 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default one more

After 30 plus years owning and operating high end audio/video companies on both coasts, I sold my company in 1999 and decided to try some "retirement". That got old way too fast, so I started a home theater/
music system design and consulting business in 2001. That is still going well.
In 2003 I was recruited by a home technology firm that serves the buliding industry and architects. I work for them part time (audio, video, home theater, solar power, CCTV, security, communications, networking, etc.).
I have owned over a dozen 911's / 912's and I currently have a 96 993 cabrio and a 98 Boxster (Both equiped with aftermarket high performance sound systems).
High peformance is high performance, whether in automobiles or electronics.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Dan in Florida
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993USMC
Captain, USMC.... getting ready to take an infantry company overseas. Gonna miss the car..... and the family too.

Semper fidelis ! Stay in touch, Dan
Old 09-11-2007, 01:56 AM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

This has really been a fascinating and enlightening thread,…………I've learned a lot about the Rennlist community and many of my customers & friends.

For my part, I fulfill many roles including counseling people about their cars and their yearning for better handling, more acceleration, better stopping as well as providing all those components and services needed for same. Counseling services are further provided for auto-related spousal issues, even career guidance,……

Think of me as a type of “Entertainment Director” whose mission is to provide people with ALL the necessary services to enable them to get the most from their Porsche driving experience.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 AM
JCE
3rd Gear

After literally going in "circles" with my career life, I decided to stop and really think about what I enjoy doing... I am an artist/painter and love to paint cars. I've painted a couple of different porsche models, you can check them out for yourselves... www.jaychenstudios.com

I used to read about them, think about them, now I paint them...
Old 09-11-2007, 02:47 AM
ramn
Advanced

Building Infrastructure Design and Network Installations..
Always looking for great new folks to PM and expand into new geographical areas,
http://www.gbitlogistics.com

Cheers,
Rich
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 AM
JStuart
Instructor

Way late to the party....but when this thread started I had no idea that I wanted a P-Car or that this site even existed. I evolved...and through this site I became the proud owner of John V's 97 C4S, for this I will be eternally grateful!

I'm an independant contractor for local mortgage brokerage, get to work out of my home and be a full time dad to my daughter...truely the best of both worlds!
Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

I did a trade as a fitter and turner, many years ago, moved on and did 12 years with our State Police Force, including riding the BMW motorbikes and 3 years as a weapons and tactics instructor.

I lost direction and bought a restaurant in a little place called the Whitsundays.
I eventually got sick of seeing topless girls sunbathing every day (or should it be that my wife got sick of me seeing…..) so I moved back South and went back to my trade.
I worked in a munitions factory making 5.56mm, 50 cal BMG and 20mm DS (Phalanx) rounds. I lost direction again after two years and went to the US to help a friend to put a new roof on his house and while I was there I took a trip down to Florida to work on some foreign registered yachts.
When I got back to OZ I bludged around for a bit and ended up spending 3 years with our Federal Police as a Cop attached to a Counter Terrorism Unit.

Now I don’t work, not saying that I’m not looking for work, but I don’t do anything at the moment and I’m flat out.
In fact I can’t wait to get a real job so that I can have a rest!
Currently I am actively pursuing employment in remote area mining.

Cheers,

Frank
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
IamSMC
Rennlist Member

Title Insurance Agency located in NYC area. We provide full title searches and title insurance on all real estate purchases and refinances.

Though it has been customary for the buyer's/borrower's attorney to order these searches, it is by law still the final choice of the buyer/borrower to choose a search company of their choosing because you will be the one purchasing the title insurance policy.

As a courtesy to fellow Rennlisters, including family and friends of Rennlisters, all search fees will be reduced automatically by simply mentioning "Rennlist Member" at time of closing of transaction.

Please email me for contact information at canysmc@verizon.net

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.