Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 07:19 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have missed this thread all together, so I'm late to the party.

I own a computer services & networking consulting firm in Atlanta. We provide hardware, software and services to small to medium size customers to help them develop an IT solution for their businesses.

Last edited by cabrio993; 02-03-2007 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:31 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by cabrio993
I have missed this thread all together, so I'm late to the party.

I own a computer services & networking consulting firm in Atlanta. We provide hardware, software and services to small to medium size customers to help them develop a IT solution for their business.
and can't program a fob..

lol..just messing with ya..

man I'm still stuck with just the one..

cabrio..there's a guy on here who was successfully been able to program his in one try...hmmmm..maybe we should just ship our cars to him..
Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRINITONY,

I won't even charge for the programming, just send me two or so mortgage referrals....
I own a small mortgage company and a realtor-oriented marketing company, been doing this for 15 years
Not even close on the "impressive !" scale as some of the others' professions...
Old 02-02-2007, 08:40 PM
curveraider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a winner; yes probe cards are for testing silicon wafers. Not sexy like fly planes or fighting fires but it pays for track days

I see that there are a few IT type folks out there... anybody in the SF Bay Area? I am looking to set up a VPN between my facilities and a few other little projects.
Old 02-02-2007, 08:51 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Just thought to add we just launched our new website today -- and it will make Chad happy as its one of his racecars on the front page intro -- its the 2006 championship winning green and yellow Walker Racing entry -- It was also our original test mule that I built
Old 02-02-2007, 10:11 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

haha thanks Chris! Def nice to see one of our cars on the front page... hopefully we'll win another title this year, we have the talent to do so, but as we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRINITONY
and can't program a fob..

lol..just messing with ya..

man I'm still stuck with just the one..

cabrio..there's a guy on here who was successfully been able to program his in one try...hmmmm..maybe we should just ship our cars to him..
LOL...I know...you are starting to sound like my wife

I took the car to the dealer as one last attempt. They couldn't program it either...so I don't feel as bad now.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:46 PM
HarryD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow! What a great thread. Too bad us guys of earlier cars don't see this...

Me? I'm currently working for the Air National Guard as a construction manager at a base tasked with Homeland Defense. My past life has been, at one time or another, in semiconductors, environmental mangement, and chemical process plants.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:47 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M '96 Silver 993
... My next profession will be Professional Golfer. I have to get a lot better though.
I can attest to that.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Reuben
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Verbal Identity

It has been fascinating catching up on this thread.

I am a writer. For decades, I was a Middle East correspondent, based in Israel and travelling all over the region. Now, I am completing a memoir.

I also consult in the field of Verbal Identity. I help companies and organisations devise/revise an array of written material, from packaging to websites and brochures - all crucial elements of branding.

Basically, I love working with words.

Reuben
rloewy@mac.com
Old 02-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Davies
My hat is off to you. Thanks.
Also, is that your car in the avatar? Looks beautiful.
I wish...only a dream.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

I'll play too...

I work in ad sales for different music magazines and music web sites. If you have a music label or a band that needs exposure I can help you reach a huge amount of people regardless of your genre.

Old 02-04-2007, 11:52 PM
milrad
PS Armorer
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 53 Posts

Plant Manager for a cement manufacturing facility (no, we don't have those mixer trucks with the drums that go 'round and 'round-that's concrete ) of one of the world's largest building materials firms.

Prior to the cement industry, I worked in manufacturing (operations and sourcing) for a Fortune 10 purveyor of light bulbs, locomotives, television shows, MRI machines, and equipment leases, among other things.

Before the commercial world, I did interesting things in interesting places as an intelligence officer in the US Army.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:43 AM
fore!
Instructor

I'll throw in too - I'm a headhunter in the oil & gas business in Houston. I supervised out on the rigs for 17 years - mainly south east asia. Got into this 10 years ago. So far, so good....

Future - real estate, financial advisor or back on the rigs..
Old 02-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not too many of us in the "insurance business" so my job may sound like a foreign language.

I work for a top Reinsurance Intermediary where my clients are insurance companies, and I assist them with finding capital to spread their financial risk. I know....many of you think insurance companies "print their own money"; however, if you think about how many insurance claims hit in one event: hurricanes, earthquakes, and "9-11 terrorism" these are common areas where insurance companies need to "diversify/sell their risk" to reinsurance companies worldwide: Bermuda, Germany, London, France, and of course the U.S. For example, with the Florida hurricane activity....if FL insurance companies don't buy the proper amount of reinsurance, they go bankrupt.

If any of you fellow Rennlisters are President/CEO, CFO, or at least SVP in Claims, Underwriting or Actuarial at an insurance company I would love to "talk shop" with you!

Quick Reply: A wealth of Networking and Contacts at our finger tips.