Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

What is a reasonable price for a '97 C4S w/20k miles, in near mint cond. ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Pete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by quantimouse
right so "truly selling" is probably not the right language.. great example of where people "wish these cars were truly selling"... not that they won't sell for that, but, that hasn't happened yet.
My point exactly
Old 12-19-2006, 05:31 PM
DC from Cape Cod
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

On a case by casis basis, there is no relationship between asking price and selling price.

However, when you look at the entire population, generalizations can be drawn. These generalizations may or not coincide with your particular point of view but they still show trends across the market.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Pete
Instructor

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod
On a case by casis basis, there is no relationship between asking price and selling price.

However, when you look at the entire population, generalizations can be drawn. These generalizations may or not coincide with your particular point of view but they still show trends across the market.
My hunch:

SP</=AP
Old 12-19-2006, 09:33 PM
quantimouse
Instructor

Originally Posted by DC from Cape Cod

Agreed. I don't have a point of view yet on pricing, I am trying to develop a reasonable one.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oh come on... take about 5-7% off all of these asking prices and you have your selling prices... there is not a lot of "mystery" here... go to:

www.pca.org
www.rennlist.com
www.rpmsportscars.com
www.premiercars.com
www.autotrader.com
www.cars.com

ETC

and look at what these cars are listing for across all major sources... what is your theory...that everyone is asking too much for these cars and not getting their asking prices?

some of us have been closely monitoring these prices for several years...I am only one data point, but I am giving my impression...I havent seen big changes since I started closely watching almost 4 years ago... low mileage excellent wide body examples go in the 50s and sometimes even 60s and NB cars typically sell in the 40s. Are there exceptions? Yes, several I am sure...but these are the general prices for pristine cars in many many major selling outlets
Old 12-20-2006, 02:31 AM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI. I've been told that they are asking $57.9 for this nice example. They have others on their site worth looking at......almost always do too.

Dave

http://truspeedmotorcars.com/inventory_detail.aspx?@page_stock_no=1231

Quick Reply: What is a reasonable price for a '97 C4S w/20k miles, in near mint cond. ?