Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone know anything about these E-bay wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

or BBS or Fiske...
Old 12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never ceases to amaze me when we get on to talking about these wheels....... ......to each their own!!!

1) I agree, these are NOT the perfect wheel, they are HEAVY and robust and may not be up to the standard of many of the other makes out there, but they sure as hell do me for summer driving.
2) I dont track my car....unless you count AX and that has been a rarity this summer, so I dont need untra-light wheels....I am not that good anyway.
3) I know at least 6 other p-car owners who have bought the same or similar wheels....NO issues from any of them as far as I am aware, in fact if you add Mikes 3 sets, thats more than 6 sets, and one of the above has two sets that he uses with different tires for DEs....No issues as far as I am aware
4) My wheels have covered about 10K miles now and I have absolutely NO issues with them, they still look as good as new....ask Tony he was round when we cleaned our cars for the Nov Rockville meet
5) During that time they have stood up to the potholes and uneven roads around MD that I am sure light/ hollow wheels would have had issues with......I hear stories all the time of hollow rims getting bent....and even non hollow.....Tony?
6) I am glad the rest of you are happy with your BBS/Fiske etc and I am sure none of you have ever had any issues with them ..........if I have any issues with mine or hear of any issues I will report back so that we are all wiser

Yes I took a $600 flyer on these wheels, but I talked with somebody who had DE'd a set for a season on his 993 Targa....and like them so much he was buying another set...I just cannot afford $4K for wheels, I dont like the idea of second hand wheels that I dont know, that seem almost as big a risk and nobody would have provided me with a set of good BBS or others that I could afford......... And of course now I have said all this I will be "flamed" by you all saying if I cant afford the wheels maybe I should not have the car or should have stuck to the 17" cups.....and of course in the time that is left before I change back to my 17" for winter I am sure one of the back wheels will dinintegrate and have me wreck my car on the highway and you can then all chime in...."we told you so" !!!!
Old 12-15-2006, 03:10 PM
tonytrini
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Just got back my OEMs repaired. Had a very noticeable dent on the inside lip. Don't remember hitting any potholes. For the application and the price, I don't think you can go wrong.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:47 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Hey Tony, you got that wheel on yet and driven her with fresh wheel and realignment...what does she feel like now?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:58 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Even the expensive wheels can fail
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=wheel+failure
Old 12-16-2006, 08:01 AM
dhicks
Drifting

That made interesting reading Chris...Thanks
Old 12-16-2006, 12:25 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Originally Posted by 993_Pilot
SSR GT3's available at Rennlist sponsor Tirerack... link

Or some SSR Gt3's on eBay wheels here
The Ebay SSR GT3's have the wrong bolt pattern.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about these E-bay wheels?