Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Announcement: Carrera 4 - bought for $15,000 2 days ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/317723-announcement-carrera-4-bought-for-15-000-2-days-ago.html)

alpinadvl 12-13-2006 11:57 AM

Announcement: Carrera 4 - bought for $15,000 2 days ago

Just a small announcement to the Rennlist community :

In what could very well be the "deal of the year" - I just took delivery of a 1995 Carrera 4 for $15,000. The car has 130,000 miles but that does not concern me at all - it drives verrry well and was well maintained mechanically by a really nice and genuine "porsche guy". (But it is in dire need of some cosmeting and tuning attention!)

For others looking for a 993 take note :
I bumped into the previous owner on 495 while stuck in traffic, and asked if he new anyone selling a Carrera 4s.... he pulled over and told me he wanted to sell this car. I asked how much, he said "15".....I walked back to my car, and told my girlfriend I am going to buy the car that day - (obviously as long as it drove well - it did).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So if you see a white "C4s-wannabe" tooling around on ramps and off ramps or even pulled over by the local police enforcement in or around the DC metro area - that would be me having the time of my life! so say hello !
:cheers:

*** PICS ADDED!!!!! : on page 3 (CLICK HERE) ***

CAHRERA 12-13-2006 12:02 PM

1st Requirement PICTURES PLEASE! :to_order:

pcar964 12-13-2006 12:17 PM

That certainly sounds like a great deal. Then again, the circumstances in which you found and purchased the car certainly don't inspire any confidence. If it looks too good to be true... you know the rest. I hope in your case you just got lucky and found an idiot owner who didn't know what his car was worth and threw an easy $10k out the window with an impulsive sale ;) Just get it to an independent shop to have it looked over, and any neglected maintenance items taken care of!

All that said, good luck with the car! let's see some pics!

Randy 1 12-13-2006 12:45 PM

You certainly have brass ones, sirrah. I probably would have given him two grand in a refundable deposit, with the rest due upon a successful PPI. But then again...****, $15 large...that's a lot of WAM (walkin' around money) baked into that price to plow into some serious fix-ups.

An asset well-bought is half-sold, as they say.

tonytrini 12-13-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by alpinadvl

In what could very well be the "deal of the year" - I just took delivery of a 1995 Carrera 4 for $15,000. The car has 130,000 miles but that does not concern me at all - it drives verrry well and was well maintained mechanically by a really nice and genuine "porsche guy". (But it is in dire need of some cosmeting and tuning attention!)

I bumped into the previous owner on 495 while stuck in traffic, and asked if he new anyone selling a Carrera 4s.... he pulled over and told me he wanted to sell this car. I asked how much, he said "15".....I walked back to my car, and told my girlfriend I am going to buy the car that day - (obviously as long as it drove well - it did).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So if you see a white "C4s-wannabe" tooling around on ramps and off ramps or even pulled over by the local police enforcement in or around the DC metro area - that would be me having the time of my life! so say hello !

Damm..next time time I'm on 495 (which is everyday), I'll keep a look out for a deal. Was on 95/495 for 2 hours this morning, didn't see one pcar though... ;)

AOW162435 12-13-2006 12:49 PM

Awesome find! I'd love to see it in person. Please post some pics when you can and let us know what issues it has. Rennlist will provide you with a wealth of knowledge regarding these cars. I find 993 DIY projects completely therapeutic.

Andreas

AOW162435 12-13-2006 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by tonytrini
Damm..next time time I'm on 495 (which is everyday), I'll keep a look out for a deal. Was on 95/495 for 2 hours this morning, didn't see one pcar though... ;)

tonytrini,
Are you the new & improved version of trinitony?

Andreas

Mark in Baltimore 12-13-2006 12:53 PM

Nice grab! Hope you can make it to some Rennlist meets.

I second what pcar said. I hope all will work out with it. Take it to ASG; they'll treat you well.

tonytrini 12-13-2006 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by AOW162435
tonytrini,
Are you the new & improved version of trinitony?

Andreas

Well trinitony has 993 post...so I want to end the year with that..first year of ownership, 993 post..good jou jou ..lol :roflmao: ..no cel etc, etc.

texas911 12-13-2006 01:04 PM

Keep us updated.

chris walrod 12-13-2006 01:06 PM

Great buy and love to hear the 'sale' stories behind these purchases. Sometimes one has to jump on these opportunities as they arise. And yes, there are risks but if one is in-tune enough with the car they are looking at, I feel one can quickly assess condition with a little poking around, even if its on the side of the freeway:)

I bought my black car based upon a phone call and literally two pictures for what I thought was a price that I couldnt pass up, even if it did need some work, which luckily, its actually a damn nice car for 99K miles:)

AOW162435 12-13-2006 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by tonytrini
Well trinitony has 993 post...so I want to end the year with that..first year of ownership, 993 post..good jou jou ..lol :roflmao: ..no cel etc, etc.

A-ha. I see.

Andreas

ca993twin 12-13-2006 01:45 PM

Sometimes you need to take some risks to get the big rewards. And, of course, sometimes it doesn't work out so great. Some of you on this board might remember the trauma and risk associated with the purchase of Rufus... worked out great, after a series of minor heart stoppages.

Congrats on the purchase of that C4... great car! Best of luck.

vjd3 12-13-2006 03:17 PM

If it's not a salvage title, you got a smokin' deal! Post the VIN ;-)

24FPS 12-13-2006 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by alpinadvl

think the only person who has ya beat is john d. himself..... but the big question is: got frozen rotors?! his is a c4 too if i remember right.

now join rennlist & enjoy the slope... you have way more left over cash for mods...... :jumper:

:D

- congrats... now pics please!