Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted: 97' turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 12:13 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all excellent points and thoughts...i don't take it personally and the more i hear, the more i learn, the fewer mistakes i make. that car might flip hands every year by people loving the idea of owning it, but then not stomaching the inability to drive it.

i look at all of this as a) great opp for some fun, b) great opp to acquire some awsome cars and c) good investment.

so, probably like you, i have a few i can drive. i have 96 turbo driver, a carbiolet from AWilkes (probably the nicest handling of the bunch) i drive a lot, and i bot the high mileage zenith blue S to drive. the rest are investment, oogle and awe, and hopefully hopefully be able to sell at a breakeven, maybe a gain but hopefully not a loss.

"no honey, i swear, its asset diversification....uh, yeah, i guess so are diamond earings.....but...uh... what kind of fun can you have with diamond earings.'

the wife has a lot of patience. she walked into the bubble warehouse, looked at me, chucked and then checked out the cars.

these threads are inhabited by some seriously deranged folk. its a good thing we have something as cool as these things as an outlet for our phsychosis. anyone reading this thinking, "oh, not me. i'm normal". guess again. wake up to the reality!!!

pearl organge...was that the one at sloans? i remember seeing a really neat "organge";

i have a tough time understanding the upgrade horsepower thing. i was mucking around in the blackblack turbo s the other night and when you punch that thing, like the other turbos, when that turbo kicks in, stuff comes at you so fast its scarey. i'm mean, from years of bike racing, i think i have good handling skills and good track perception...but i couldnt even imagine drilling it in a 540 hp beast. protosport had a ton of increased horsepower honies on the rack they were working up for their racing clientele. 500 here, 540 there, 600 on one. 600? ??? nuts.

dial 1800 HELP ME NOW!!!!! "my name is steve. i like porsche. i have a problem"

later.

Originally Posted by ddavis
Urban,
Not being an *** here. Steve got the '94 Flatnose (Flachbau). The slantnose is a 930. Not nearly as rare. And he is correct on me having trouble with the "Bubble Cars". I love the hunt for them, then when i get them I love to look at them for a short while - then I have to drive them. That is the rub. I owned the Pearl White for 11 months and put a whopping 371 miles on it. That just kills me. My collection does continue to grow though.

i finally got my '87 Pearl Orange Slantnose Coupe, and I just got a '93 RSA (which is one of my all time favorite Porsches to drive on a regular basis), and I just got another 993 turbo ('96 Polar Silver).
Old 11-15-2006, 01:00 PM
urban_alchemist
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Urban,
Not being an *** here. Steve got the '94 Flatnose (Flachbau). The slantnose is a 930. Not nearly as rare. And he is correct on me having trouble with the "Bubble Cars". I love the hunt for them, then when i get them I love to look at them for a short while - then I have to drive them. That is the rub. I owned the Pearl White for 11 months and put a whopping 371 miles on it. That just kills me. My collection does continue to grow though.

i finally got my '87 Pearl Orange Slantnose Coupe, and I just got a '93 RSA (which is one of my all time favorite Porsches to drive on a regular basis), and I just got another 993 turbo ('96 Polar Silver).
"Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?"

Anyway... either way, he now has a great car... and you both have great collections... enjoy with health...
Old 11-15-2006, 01:16 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Urban,
Not being an *** here. Steve got the '94 Flatnose (Flachbau).
The Flachbau! I know this car (well, from ddavis owning it at least). How many flachbaus were there? 14 or something??? And pearl white! That's awesome. Congrats to both of you guys for having it in your collection at some point!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:22 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzilla
The Flachbau! I know this car (well, from ddavis owning it at least). How many flachbaus were there? 14 or something??? And pearl white! That's awesome. Congrats to both of you guys for having it in your collection at some point!

39 and 19 package cars without the slope nose.

Check out Mark Smiths site all you need to know about these beauties is here.

www.flachbau.com
Old 11-15-2006, 02:17 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by urban_alchemist
I like fish!

But seriously - you owe us some pics!

h e l l o ! my thoughts too

a stable of tt's in da'haus & no camera or shooter to be found????
Old 11-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

though.

Pics, please!
Old 11-16-2006, 05:20 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

various offbeat photos have been posted. i'm sort of just waiitng to get a few more things in order, and to remember to take them. been fun getting the warehouse back togeterh. i really havent farmed any of it out. if you want stuff done right, u do it yourself.
the pearl 94 s should be here friday, saturday so pobably next week i'll have some photos for all...

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Pics, please!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
ddavis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanriffs
Pics, please!
i will post pics also. i won't be able to do it until the end of next week. due to weather and travel.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:55 PM
mod4b
Advanced

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/235584933.html

or this?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/233437505.html
Old 11-16-2006, 01:56 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you! finally pictures... maybe start a new thread.? this one's beat (imho).
Old 11-16-2006, 02:17 PM
allill
Drifting

found this on craigslist in san francisco. hope this helps.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/235584933.html

-j
Old 12-10-2006, 09:27 AM
jay72
Racer

I know of a turbo S with 150 original miles on it. It is Wimbleton Green with green interior. If you are interested I will see if it is still available...

Regards,

Sloane
Old 03-07-2007, 08:34 PM
cesar
Racer

Steve,
You're selling the Turbo S arctic Silver?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i'm a wall street trader, you never fall in love with them...with one exception, the white 94 flat nose turbo s. unfortunately, that thing is king kong and i'm the blonde haired fair lady. that thing, at this point, will never get sold.

the artic is a beautiful car, but i have 3 othe collector cars that i wont/don't really drive. i bot a zenith blue S, 2tone deviating interior which is just so nice, and i had protosport redo a ton of stuff to get it perfect (new chargers, etc.) so that is a driver fo rme, and i drive the 94red turbo a lot also.

the artic is incredible car. i think something that prestine could fetch big big money in a few years on auction. i hate saying it, i think most of the 97 993 S's will as well if they are kept in great, near perfect condition. but ultimately, i've never really loved the artic color. eeeks you may say! i agree, so many people love artic and artic / black is for some, the schnizo. but it just doesnt tickle that way.

also, has to sell for the right price. ijust sold the seinfeld car for near full price, so that artic should sell for a few snippets more. 634 miles. pristine. artic black. only thing it lacks that many love are sport seats. oh well, lets junk it!

where in NJ are you located? we shoudl get together this spring and drive harriman. what an ugly two days it been..just wheni thought winter was over, back we go. latr.

s-g
\
Originally Posted by cesar
Steve,
You're selling the Turbo S arctic Silver?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:36 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

wimbleton green? not for me for sure. but sounds like a great car. i had a long convo with a guy from down south who was looking for a low miler, but he HAD TO HAVE sports seats. wanted seinfeld s but then another guy jumped in real quick to buy that. likes the artic a ton but sport seats.
sports seats are sweet. that black black S had some. they were narly.

hope all is well.
Originally Posted by jay72
I know of a turbo S with 150 original miles on it. It is Wimbleton Green with green interior. If you are interested I will see if it is still available...

Regards,

Sloane

Quick Reply: wanted: 97' turbo S