Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rpm artic

looks like Ray has another Turbo S listed, artic/black, 97',
has sub-10k miles.

one artic is plenty for any person, so not in my future, but i can say this...i give Ray top rating for delivering as promised. i remember when i first looked at his site, i commented that everything had a "flawless, as new." i went with it buying the <600mile artic/black and did not regret it in the least. i think his prices are a bit high, but if youwant the best without the nonesense, bullcrap stories, etc. then i'd recommend his shop for sure.

sounds like a really neat car.
also someone aske dme about the difference between a turbo and turbo s. i have both. i can tell you this, my 96 turbo black is the most fun to drive because i'm not riddled with neurosis about putting miles on it, or smudging it...but also, frankly those turbos have as much pop and getty-up as the "s". the "s" have niceties inside. more carbon, branded all over the place with "S"'s and other stuff. i think they squeezed a littl emore horse power out of the chipset on the "S" model. but frankly, the speed and acceleration feels identical. the wailtail on the s is much different, far more cut out, etc.

the more i drive the 96 turbo, the more impressed i am. it such an amazing car. anyone who might think you're missing out or the "S" would be your dream car....let me suggest your revisiting that thought process. its obviously an expensive great car, but is far less driveable and if you're anything like me, the guil of punching it through some s-curves becomes too overwhelimg to do it.
go get a low mileage high quality Turbo and have a ton of fun with it. if you're looking for a timepiece to collect, then the "S" has its place. but you're not missing out on much. turbo is a viscious gazelle. the "s' just has a nice fur coat.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 10-28-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
EndlessEarth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is another TT on EBay that was supposedly owned by Seinfeld. EBAY TT

They are like rabbits!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Chuck A.
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EndlessEarth
There is another TT on EBay that was supposedly owned by Seinfeld. EBAY TT

They are like rabbits!
But was it owned by Jerry Seinfeld the actor or the dentist?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:10 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default c4s

dudes and dudettes,
whats your take on this car? https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/307916-fathers-993-went-on-ebay.html#post3528770
i've been looking for a c4s as the King of kings is a very very desireable part of a good collection. am i crazy or is 60k way undervalued for a 13kmile car in flawless condition wth a ton of expensive, zooty options?

anyone know the seller, his son calvin, or the car itself?

i gave him a quick post advising to check pricing for dad's benefit. i love a deal like the rest, but not that badly.

letme know if you guys have thoughts on the c4s valuations and this car. i think his auction ends later today, so maybe i get a little lucky, bu ti'd only want it if the dad really wants to take a 20k bath as it looks like he will.
have a good weekend, steve
Old 10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Here's a 97 Turbo S in the classifieds:

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 10-30-2006, 09:30 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

far better value is the c2 porsche offered by theaircooledguys.com which is branded/badged as the last off the line. very slick car still titled in seinfelds' name. from an investment perspective, that offers a lot of value, depending on price.

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Here's a 97 Turbo S in the classifieds:

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I like the signal green 3.6 Turbo Ray has. Very unique color.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
far better value is the c2 porsche offered by theaircooledguys.com which is branded/badged as the last off the line. very slick car still titled in seinfelds' name. from an investment perspective, that offers a lot of value, depending on price.
Thought you were looking for a 97 Turbo S???
Old 10-31-2006, 07:07 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

well, i pulled mr. trigger on Tim's higher mileage turbo s. that was listed below. neat exterior color, different for sure. and it had a really neat interior configuration or better stated, different. PPI had a few small issues but all itesm i think can be had. the biggest item was a small oil "seepage" . geez i hate that word. gives me the *******. a few calls to a few shops suggest that for maybe worst case $1500, the engine can be dropped, seals replaced, etc. and so forth, handled a to z. car needed a 30k tuneup which will tie in nicely to fixing the issues. and lastly, tires, etc. and so forth. heck, who knows. with any of these things you take your chances. he didnt represent it as anything it wasnt, and that which he did say, was exactly as billed. nice guy. nice transaction. simple. a, b, c, done. price was very fair and he worked with me on it. and he works for the people, he's a civil servant. hate the sound of that. kindof sounds demeaning. but i dont want to fork over what he does but its over the type that earns the highest degree of respect. and that said, since he does this on the side, i also felt like if you're gonna get a good dealon a car, he gets to flip for profit something pretty quick, then might as well do it with someone who deserves it. he mentioned that he has been able to obtain and sell good cars constantly. so far, i would recommend him highly. intercity is shipping later in the week and by the end of next, she'll be in the warehouse.

i'll post some pictures wheni have it. i'm excited. tommorrow i get the keys back to the warehouse. mohawk dude who stored my lift for the past 4 weeks is supposed to be there, electrician, and then i'm back in business.

just got back from halloween. what a racket! my kids walked the town for about 2 hours. i'm exhausted.they're counting the loot right now. i stole 2 tootsie rolls and within moments, my son was on me like glue. u cant pull the wool over his eyes.

nitey nite

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Thought you were looking for a 97 Turbo S???
Old 10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well, i pulled mr. trigger on Tim's higher mileage turbo s. that was listed below...
nice. but i gotta' laugh @ that higher mileage thing... seepage, no worries. she will be fine. may be one you won't be as reluctant to drive a bit too. trick or treat
Old 10-31-2006, 10:04 PM
anguilla1980
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

well, i pulled mr. trigger on Tim's higher mileage turbo s. that was listed below. neat exterior color, different for sure.
You lucky dog!!!! That's my all time favorite color combination and in a Turbo S no less! His ad says the only made in that combination

If you EVER consider selling it, keep my email somewhere because I will want it! alexclaytor@gmail.com

You better post a TON of super high resolution, good weather pictures for me to drool over
Old 10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 92GTA
You better post a TON of super high resolution, good weather pictures for me to drool over
+1
Enough talkin', we need some good pics, and not of some 911s that look like they are being held hostage in some crazy guy's basement... We need good lighting! and a nice setting!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:13 PM
TYNUSKT
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What about this to add to your collection?

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62558
Old 11-01-2006, 12:14 AM
the_buch
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts

Someone has to stop this guy ... if he keeps buying all the great 993s out there, what's going to be left for the rest of us ...
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Please stop posting about buying all these Turbos/S's. I'm trying to finish my book "Pillars of the Earth" and I find myself glued to all the replies and links to other TT-S ads.

Seriously though, I am ecstatic for you and your wonderful Porsche purchases. I also really appreciate your life perspectives and the way your prioritize things.

Cheers,
Steve R

Last edited by Steve 96C4S; 11-01-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Quick Reply: wanted: 97' turbo S