Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted: 97' turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:14 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've got a good digital camera but as noted, i'm like "living out of a suitcase". i dont lik having those cars outside in plain view at a storage place, etc. and of course, i always forget to take it. weds i am promised the painting will be done and a/c completed, so then things will get simplified. my warehouse is a convenient 2 minute from my main offices which excites me to no end. nothing likie a quick stop by on the way home...infact we're setting up a desk of phones, computers. myself and my 3 sales guys will do an hour of power of sales calls...will make the space worth every dollar...and then boot them out and try doing some DIY stuff.

i definately plan on having them well photographed if not just for insurance purposes...etc. i just need another week or so to get things mellowed.

i could have posted the photo of my dork friend pretending like he was in a sprinters' stance, about to race the two. but frankly, he looked ridiculously silly and it was demeaning to the two cars.

i had to delete. you can not act like a total goof in presence of the nba's all time greatest player. he too was embarassed and glad i deleted.
more to come later.

nighty night dudes.

fyi, i'm selling a shelby gt350 on ebay if anyone is so interested...not a porsche and a wicked good car/investment, but i'm not smitten.
regards,
steve

Originally Posted by 24FPS
finally a friggin' photo. beginin' to think you were a troll... glad you're not.

the red & blu look awesome setting together. (drool)

seems i remember seeing the red jordan tt on ebay a while back? then is was @ suv height? yes? fitted w/ the supple leather & (if i recall) wood package?... was owned by a former neighbor? i called on it. think is was 'bout 2 yrs ago. seemed very nice.

letting you live longer??? - for me, maybe enjoy life longer.. think that's why i/we love aircoolers much more than other variants. 993's are the closest thing to the original ferry porsche design "spark", pushed to perfection. imho

we get to enjoy.

btw: may think about getting a great dig. camera, that way you can keep xlnt photo-logs of each car. mabe even build a lit softbox stage w/ a fixed tripod stand to record all exactly the same too... esp. if you make some mods that you'd maybe like to have the option of restoring back etc... but also you'd be able to have a digital "hot wheel case" of your collection. you could even have 'quicktimes' of the cars spinning etc. fun.

to 993

ps: i think if you're so into cycling... you may want to try & find lance armstrong's former 993tt (think it was an 's' too). i remember, lance describe in his book how he drove it home after being diagnoised w/ cancer going about 5mi/hr. all the way home. i remember that moment described was so emotional... describer the porsche tubo being a thing of such power & speed... - now that would be a nice pcar to find & add to the line-up . wonder if it's around???
Old 10-24-2006, 12:38 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i will be the first to say what many may be thinking... your posts are almost unbelievable...

however, lets give the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you have reached car Xanadu... it would certainly seem so...

i need to quit my job and become a trader... i would be happy being 1/10th as good a trader as you, and therefore have 1/10th of your car collection... just one 993 tt S will suit me fine thank you
Old 10-24-2006, 05:59 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i'll be as blunt as possible or as i can be. i grew up with nothing. my dad died when i was 9. my mom slaved like a dog to raise 3 kids who never didnt have the essentials. she murdered herself for years. me? i grew up an upstate, country-loving skiier, snowboarder, mountainbikers, road cyclist. to this day, i wear slacks and sweatshirts to my offices. i hate ties. i hate suits. i hate big events. ihate wallstreet-acting guys. i love my kids. love my wife. love playing soccer with my son. love my bike room in my basement where i maintain all my bikes. i love riding my bike. i like my NJ State Time Trial Champions Jersey, but love the effort it took to train to get it.
and frankly everything here related to cars falls far beneath all that.
for whatever silly reason, i happen to get into the markets in 1994 at the right time. i've always owned my businesses. i've had 6. the most successful one previous wa a bike shop in upstate NY. shorts/sweatshirts 11months / year.
so its a bit of luck, a good amount of hard work...but thats all it is. its not an entitlement, i dont deserver it...for the moment, at this time, things are not terrible. ad so why not enjoy it? why not be insane over it. probably 90% of us would be diagnosed with something. we're on this board blogging away.

all this stuff aint your health, it aint your kids, it aint your family. i'd give every single one of those away without one second of hesitation if it meant providing any additional necessity to my children. the wife? there we'd have to go a little more on the necessity chart<G>. we'd all do the same....or atleast some of us would!<GGG>

dudes, all in good fun. and fyi, wall street is a good industry but brutal on the nerves. money is not everything. sure, you're looking at the turbo's' and tehy seem neat. they arent 1/10000000th as neat as climbing into bed with my sons or daughter and them telling me about their day, why school was tough, or watching him get pelted in the gut playing goalie, him looking at me like he's about to cry for the impact, i toss him a look that says "suck it up, focus on the game", he claps his hands and gets right back into it. Thats what i missed the sunday NJ rally to watch...and as much as i hated missing it, i'm glad i did. these cars will be young in 10 years. my kids wont. keep it all in perspective.
they are just cars.

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
i will be the first to say what many may be thinking... your posts are almost unbelievable...

however, lets give the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you have reached car Xanadu... it would certainly seem so...

i need to quit my job and become a trader... i would be happy being 1/10th as good a trader as you, and therefore have 1/10th of your car collection... just one 993 tt S will suit me fine thank you
Old 10-24-2006, 09:57 AM
AGC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is, I definitely was one of the people that thought you were full of ....

But after your fourth or fifth post, I stared to change my mind. But after this post I respect you more for saying what you said. I too work on wall street, but do NOT have anything close to what you have (financially), but also have two kids (two boys, age 1 and 3); and agree that they (wifey included) are the most important things in my life and would give up my car in a sec if I had to.

Again, I commend you and agree that family is the most IMPORTANT thign in life
Old 10-24-2006, 10:53 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

financial riches are important to the extent that they provide security for family. once you have that, then its all excess anyway. i'll also tell you that its only amongst this group, and myself, that anyone would care about those, quoting my father-in-law, "silly cars". i give a lot back to the community. my wife and i setup charitable funds and we support many local causes, though i tend to focus our energies and resources on children and sport. we funded a youth baseball team last year and support all the kids programs at the neighboring schools. my company donates about 1/2 of 1% of our income to many causes as well.
i'm a young dad of 3. all this is new to me. very new. i'm doing what i can to figure it all out,a nd frankly, its kind of neat.
owning porsches for me seems like an incredible combination of things: wicked nice equipment; high performance, speed; but also a 'hobby' that is attractive to the obsessive compulsive, and requires great attention to detail. the challenge of being successful in putting together a collection, maintaining it, etc. and doing with it that which you do with a collection is what excites me. its always the means to the ends, not the ends, which stimulates the soul.

dudes, anytime anyone wants to speak, reach out or learnmore, feel free to check out my company and email me directly. steve@trademanage.com

Originally Posted by AC.
All I can say is, I definitely was one of the people that thought you were full of ....

But after your fourth or fifth post, I stared to change my mind. But after this post I respect you more for saying what you said. I too work on wall street, but do NOT have anything close to what you have (financially), but also have two kids (two boys, age 1 and 3); and agree that they (wifey included) are the most important things in my life and would give up my car in a sec if I had to.

Again, I commend you and agree that family is the most IMPORTANT thign in life
Old 10-24-2006, 11:26 AM
AGC
Racer

BTW, I did check out your company's website already, interesting.

Definitely would like to learn more, I'm currently at GS and work in a similar area
Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

anytime you want. heck wait about 1 week and you can come out, visit me at my offices and we can go check out the S's. heck it might be time to put some miles on them and if you can handle 424 hp, 2 is better than 1. later,
steve

Originally Posted by AC.
BTW, I did check out your company's website already, interesting.

Definitely would like to learn more, I'm currently at GS and work in a similar area
Old 10-24-2006, 08:01 PM
PDX Tim
Instructor

Steve,

I think it's time to renegotiate our commission rates.

Tim
Old 10-25-2006, 07:58 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

complete your collection and get the ultimate 993gt2 from rpm
Old 10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
atan888
Three Wheelin'

Old 10-25-2006, 10:36 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

man, i'd love that gt2 but the main impediment...its not street legal. granted, i like to track like the rest of us, but its also nice to just go out on a nice day and motor around. to me, thats too much collectability, not enough drive-ability.
what a wicked car.
r there any other 993 gt2s out there anywhere to be had?
what a narly car.
Originally Posted by atan888
Old 10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

anyone have any ideas here, anyone know if lance's TT is around somewhere? anyone have other info on it. i read his book but dont have it currently not that it would matter. i'll do some googling.

isnt the internet wildly amazing? i think the computer might go down as the greatest enabler of all time, but the internet is right there behind it. what did we use dto do before weather.com .? i think i used to call someplace each day for 35 cents. my mom used to go nuts.

[QUOTE=24FPS]
to 993's

ps: i think if you're so into cycling... you may want to try & find lance armstrong's former 993tt (think it was an 's' too).
Old 10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

You wouldn't happen to give "tours" of your collection would you? For obvious reasons, I'd love to see the blue TT in person.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

would be my pleasure. as i wrote a few posts back, this coming weds. we're finally getting our warehouse space squared away. we were painting and carpeting, and someother nonesense. so probably by end of week or next weekend, i'll be back in there, cars out of storage and back in the warehouse. at that time, i'd be happy to hav eyou offer and check out the cars.
i cringe to even say it, but i just added one...i'll save pictures and what-not until i actually get it less bad luck fall upon me during transit.
..............................later,
steve

Originally Posted by Chuck A.
You wouldn't happen to give "tours" of your collection would you? For obvious reasons, I'd love to see the blue TT in person.

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 10-26-2006 at 05:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Chuck A.
Pro

I really appreciate that. I'll send you an e-mail in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Chuck

Quick Reply: wanted: 97' turbo S