Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wanted: 97' turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 06:34 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first, great thread. always good to call upon the collective knowledge of a group like this so everyone can see various wild cars that exist. ugly is a personal thing. that ruf is insanely fast looking but i think the body styling, to me atleast, is less traditional 993 than i like. call me wierd, but i think the curvacious nature of the 993 widebodies make them some ofthe most attractive cars ever produced. part of me, in building a collection, also has has to be super-attentive to mileage.
and then ultimately, the greatness of the naturally aspirateds makes causes my obsessive compulive "never treated as a child" personality to keep looking at that way. the year of 1996 and 1997 just light me up. the 959 is really cool. its just really expensive, almost impossible to find a good low mileage example of the right color...and beyond difficult to maintain.
the really nice thing about the 94 to 97 993's , all varieties, are that they had sufficient quantity that parts, for the moment, are readily avaiable. costly, but there if needed.
and to conclude, they rule. they are fast, or atleast as fast i could ever want...they are curvy like high school sweetheart susie with the big knockers... and for resale, they are desireable...
i've never had success in business or elsewhere by being too diversified. eggs in basket i agree. but this basket is labels 94 to 97 aircooleds and thats what i'll continue to focus on.

oh, and lets not forget i'm a trader by default, so tommorrow could be an entirely different direction.

up early to do some training this am. hoping to get in 50miles or so on the road. its 42 here. eeeks.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:23 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Adam's C4S RUF would have been a great collector's car. One of a kind.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM
speed12sil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LJ in Van
Here's a RUF local to me that I've personally seen. It's impeccable and know the PO is a fanatic.

http://www.weissach.com/auto-details.asp?autoID=404
The description does not say it has Ruf VIN....So isn't it just having ALL of the Ruf turbo R parts but ultimately is not a "real" turbo R because it's not built by Ruf in Germany? I'm not sure if this warrants the price...
Old 10-21-2006, 02:16 PM
ientre9y11
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about a Riviera Blue Turbo or Turbo 2 if such a thing exists.

Something more mundane would be a mint, low mileage Vesuvio C2S or Turbo.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:17 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Steve, Would you be interested in a 95 n/a 24k miles guards red with many almost new upgrades. It is not a collectors car by any means, but it would make a nice everyday car, to keep the miles low on your fantastic cars.
Attached Images

Attached Images
Old 10-21-2006, 06:41 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/fea...uery=retrieval

:leghump:

I'll even drive it to NJ for you!
Old 10-21-2006, 07:15 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default thx

thx, but i have a 96' black/cash turbo with 6k miles i got from sloan, and a 97 cabrio with about 26k miles that i drive more regularly. thats all one person can drive i think on a more 'regular' basis. and i'm also more focused on stock set ups. but your car sounds awsome. maybe someone else up here as well will be interested.

Originally Posted by Al Z
Steve, Would you be interested in a 95 n/a 24k miles guards red with many almost new upgrades. It is not a collectors car by any means, but it would make a nice everyday car, to keep the miles low on your fantastic cars.
Attached Images

Attached Images

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 10-22-2006 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:24 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default narly as sin

went to the warehouse today with a buddy to turn on, drive the 's''s a bit. those things are nasty beyond recognition. air cooled, wide body. i lined up seinfeld blue and red jordan side by side. ............ some of the sexiest tushes around....

Last edited by ZSA Motorsport; 10-22-2006 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:36 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Your posts are very hard to read there...Why are you avoiding the 98 cars?? Sounds like a really great day..keep the rubber side down
Old 10-21-2006, 08:04 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

omg... play nice.
Originally Posted by cabrio993
Adam's C4S RUF would have been a great collector's car. One of a kind.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:50 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

warming up to them...my review shows the 96 and 97 in particular having the best retention of value. 97 seems to be an sought-after year.
as far as difficult to read...sorry about that. ... comes typing way to fast, laying out a frame of thought. and of course maybe from having my head snapped back a few times against the headrest during the drives.
u have any good links to some desireable 98's?
Originally Posted by GratefulJED
Your posts are very hard to read there...Why are you avoiding the 98 cars?? Sounds like a really great day..keep the rubber side down
Old 10-22-2006, 09:48 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Instead of buying another Turbo S, I'd instead import 993 GT2 Turbo S's previously. GT2 is super race and very expensive but it seems that might not be a problem.

Also 993 RS CS would be another one I'd buy instead of Turbo S.

These two cars (especially GT2) are far more desireable and especially for you since you already have Turbo S.

Have you looked other 911s than 993s?

There are so many highly sought after 911 models out there (911 R, 911 RS, 911 RSR, 964 Lightweight Carrera 4, 964 3.8 Turbo S, 993 RS CS, 993 GT2 etc.)
Old 10-23-2006, 06:33 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Pictures of Jordan and Jerry's S's

i know i know . these are blow chunk photos, but its the best i can do for the moment. as i mentioned, i have a warehouse space which i'm fixing up a bit, repainting, putting in a lift, etc. which we use as an emergency backup facility/data center for my company. i have a few thousand feed which i've sectioned off securely for the cars. so rather than be neurotic about work going on around them, let alone workers seeing them...i moved them All to self-storage place for a few weeks. fyi, anyone every in need of space, i find them to be great. this once place has 24hrguard, alarm systems, video monitoring...$160/month. deal.

anyway, thats yours truley meandering back towards my pal who seemed clueless about how to operate the underpowered camera on my phone. the two cars were phenomenally electric sitting side by side. we took them for a short drive to get things loosened up. it was pretty wild seeing those in the know look admirably at one, then realize another was right there on its tail. i told my pal if he got within 100 feet of me, i'd slice a pinky off . i trust him, but man, thats a call to the insurance company u just dont want to make.

next week i get my space back, all nice and purty...and then i'll get some more photos of the squadron.
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2006, 06:35 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

mywife says to me...."steve, you know its funny. in all our years together taking photos at these family events, by my mom or my dad, you always have a grimmace on your face. heck, my mom says you dont smile, but here in this photo you are smiling quite nicely"......i turned to her, she chuckled i chuckled. lets see on one hand, your father, your mother and stuffy family events...and on the other a beautiful sunday with 2 beautiful turbo s's from 10 years ago....geez..... porsche lets you live longer...

Originally Posted by spg993tt
i know i know . these are blow chunk photos, but its the best i can do for the moment. as i mentioned, i have a warehouse space which i'm fixing up a bit, repainting, putting in a lift, etc. which we use as an emergency backup facility/data center for my company. i have a few thousand feed which i've sectioned off securely for the cars. so rather than be neurotic about work going on around them, let alone workers seeing them...i moved them All to self-storage place for a few weeks. fyi, anyone every in need of space, i find them to be great. this once place has 24hrguard, alarm systems, video monitoring...$160/month. deal.

anyway, thats yours truley meandering back towards my pal who seemed clueless about how to operate the underpowered camera on my phone. the two cars were phenomenally electric sitting side by side. we took them for a short drive to get things loosened up. it was pretty wild seeing those in the know look admirably at one, then realize another was right there on its tail. i told my pal if he got within 100 feet of me, i'd slice a pinky off . i trust him, but man, thats a call to the insurance company u just dont want to make.

next week i get my space back, all nice and purty...and then i'll get some more photos of the squadron.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finally a friggin' photo. beginin' to think you were a troll... glad you're not.

the red & blu look awesome setting together. (drool)

seems i remember seeing the red jordan tt on ebay a while back? then is was @ suv height? yes? fitted w/ the supple leather & (if i recall) wood package?... was owned by a former neighbor? i called on it. think is was 'bout 2 yrs ago. seemed very nice.

letting you live longer??? - for me, maybe enjoy life longer.. think that's why i/we love aircoolers much more than other variants. 993's are the closest thing to the original ferry porsche design "spark", pushed to perfection. imho

we get to enjoy.

btw: may think about getting a great dig. camera, that way you can keep xlnt photo-logs of each car. mabe even build a lit softbox stage w/ a fixed tripod stand to record all exactly the same too... esp. if you make some mods that you'd maybe like to have the option of restoring back etc... but also you'd be able to have a digital "hot wheel case" of your collection. you could even have 'quicktimes' of the cars spinning etc. fun.

to 993's

ps: i think if you're so into cycling... you may want to try & find lance armstrong's former 993tt (think it was an 's' too). i remember, lance describe in his book how he drove it after being diagnosed w/ cancer going about 5mi/hr. all the way home. i remember that moment described was so emotional... described the porsche turbo as being a thing of such power & speed... (hey maybe you're right about living longer...
- now that would be a special pcar to find & add to the line-up . wonder if it's around???

Last edited by 24FPS; 10-23-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Quick Reply: wanted: 97' turbo S