Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   My Pocher 1/18 Scale 993 Model on Ebay (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/301550-my-pocher-1-18-scale-993-model-on-ebay.html)

Caveman 09-28-2006 01:27 PM

Going rate is about £235 at the moment for mint, un-built. Tamiya's 1/10th GT2 radio control car looks good and it moves. They are usually about $250- $300 for an un-built kit.

Cheers,

David

Mark in Baltimore 09-28-2006 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
I'm just jealous that the wife won't allow to buy another car....so I've got make do with 1:8, 1:18, and 1:43rd scale versions.

Just for you, I will sell my $2500 '90 Miata for $1800! This is a deal so good, it's almost like minting money!

JM993 09-28-2006 02:26 PM

All,

It's a black model. For those of you have bid, thanks for pushing it up :)

True be sold, I didn't want to sell it but I can't justify keeping it with the prices they are fetching. If anyone wants to purchase it off-ebay, please send me a PM.

Cheers,

AOW162435 09-28-2006 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
It's a nice looking model. If I hadn't just bought race radios, solid motor mounts, new brake ducts, D class-legal spoiler insert and if a branch hadn't fallen on my Miata, I'd be all over this one.

Don't forget the jack, my friend.....

:)

Andreas

Mark in Baltimore 09-28-2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by AOW162435
Don't forget the jack, my friend.....

If I have forgotten it, I'm sure I can find it in the same place where that $500 is supposed to be...

<SNAP!>

:D

AOW162435 09-28-2006 03:23 PM

Was it 500 or $500? I don't quite remember.

Andreas

leeham 09-28-2006 09:36 PM

Anybody here built one?

Love to see a pic of one of these built up to match a Rennlister's car.

RJT 09-29-2006 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by leeham
Love to see a pic of one of these built up to match a Rennlister's car.

This was built to look like mine. Well.... sort of. Mine was a C2S and this Pocher is "just" a Carrera coupe:

HTTP://boards.rennlist.com/upload/dsc02265.jpg
HTTP://boards.rennlist.com/upload/dsc02268.jpg

JoAnne

CAHRERA 09-29-2006 08:11 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's a few Porcher Pictures with mods done to them.

dhicks 09-30-2006 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by RJT
This was built to look like mine. Well.... sort of. Mine was a C2S and this Pocher is "just" a Carrera coupe:

HTTP://boards.rennlist.com/upload/dsc02265.jpg
HTTP://boards.rennlist.com/upload/dsc02268.jpg

JoAnne

JoAnne.......as a proud Carrera owner I take issue with your "just"......... ;)

Just cos you have a bigger butt than me.......... :roflmao:

RJT 09-30-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by dhicks
JoAnne.......as a proud Carrera owner I take issue with your "just"......... ;)

Just cos you have a bigger butt than me.......... :roflmao:

Oh Boy, I thought I was hiding my butt pretty good. I guess I wasn't. My secret is out! LOL :burnout:

JoAnne

PS: I had "just" a Carrera too.................. :cool:

leeham 09-30-2006 02:49 PM

Outstanding work, Joanne! Did you get the engine kit from ebay? The engine that comes in the box is far less detailed than the work you have shown. What about paint? Is that how the silver one looks when it comes out of the box? The black one is a glossy plastic finish, but it does not look like paint until you paint it.

PS - I, too have one of these old Pocher's in the unbuilt condition that I bought years ago for 100 bucks. Everytime I think of building it, the price goes up on the unbuilt one. I wish someone would reissue the things.

Regards,

LeeH

RJT 09-30-2006 09:51 PM

LOL.... I was the paid supervisor on the Arkansas Pocher built project. My contractor was my hubby Robert. He did all the work.

Yes, he bought the engine detail kit on Ebay and it made the engine look 100% better. Without the kit the engine looked so whimpy. The model was not painted. That is the way it came in the box. I remember that the model kit was very crude and I heard a lot of loud grumbling coming from the direction of the garage while he was building it. Nothing really fit right. He had to do a lot of custom cutting and filing to make it all go together and it still doesn't look as good as Robert wants it to look (I think it's fine).

JoAnne

Macca 10-02-2006 07:00 PM

Hi Guys.

Check out this thread - youll see pictures of my 1:8th midnight blue pocher. It was built to resemble my car exactly (interior colour, exterior colour, number plate and silver rear emblem) - but that was before I modified my car so heavily :-). I have all the transkits to bring her up to scratch (additional few hundered parts) but it might take me a lifetime to apply them!

Enjoy!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...9&postcount=10

leeham 10-06-2006 12:03 AM

Outstanding

Outstanding in Midnight Blue! That's the color of my real 993, too - except it's a targa.

Would love to see those transkits. Is there one for the interior? I've built two Pochers - the Rolls Royce Phantom and the Testa Rossa. Both turned out fine but took a lot of finagling to get the parts to fit.

Regards,