993 Forum 1995-1998

Steering Wheel removal bobo

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Blue Ocean
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Wheel removal bobo

I was replacing some bulbs in my instruments and needed to remove the steering wheel to get the spedo out because it has the obc.

So I disconnected the battery and removed the airbag and wheel, replaced the bulbs and reinstalled the wheel. I decided not to put the airbag on yet because I wanted to drive the car to make sure I had the wheel on straight. Reconnected the battery and went for a short dive up the street. The airbag light was on, but I figured no big deal since the airbag was disconnected.

Indeed I had the wheel slightly off center. So I disconnected the battery again, removed the wheel and realigned, then put the airbag back on. Hooked the battery back up and drove the car again.

Airbag light still on. Oh crap, did I trigger the airbag sensor when I drove it with the airbag off? Does this mean I have to take it to a place with a Hammer to get it rest???
Old 09-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 210 Posts

Unfortunately, you will have to go to the dealer to have this reset.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:46 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We OBD2 people that have no electrical ability are waiting for Chris Walrod to assemble the boxes for us so that we can reset the airbag sensor.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/293904-public-domain-obd1-pcb-board-order-here.html

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel removal bobo