Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennsport Triple

Old 09-20-2006, 09:03 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennsport Triple

I wanted to provide my initial thoughts on my RennSport triple - RS Motor Mounts, RS SSK and RennSport Custom Chip. Thanks Steve

I first installed the Motor Mounts, it firmed up the shifting.
A week or so later, I received my custom chip from Steve. I installed but had a minor issue which weren't chip related, but what we believed was due to an after market sensor bracket which advanced the timing.
So, I brought the car in to get looked at, and while there, had the SSK installed.
Had a stock sensor bracket installed and trans fluid changed.

Well I am pleased to report that the shifting if now firmer & crisper. The throws are shorter, but not by a huge amount. The fork, lever and rod did make a huge improvement in how the stick feels. I also do like the higher position. Combined w/ the RS mounts, shifting and over all feel is greatly improved.

As for the chip, it has totally transformed this car. I went w/ a 3.8 RS chip that was mofided for 93 oct, no rev limit increase. I don't know what it drove like when it was a 3.6, but as a 3.8 there seemed to be some overall gains compared to my previous 3.6. Steves chip brought the beast to life.
The car idles better, it feels stronger, sounds stronger. It drives so much better. I drove around in 3rd, 4th & 5th so I could keep the RPM's in the 5k to 6k range. No pinging and the car felt so much stronger. I also noticed that the car ran cooler, granted today was a cooler day, but it seemed to run cooler.

I even let the wife drive it (up and around the cul de sac), and she said the car feels better, she loved the SSK.

In closing, I would definitely recommend any of these upgrades. I will post any changes or differences as I notice, but right now I am happy I was able to go down the slippery slope a bit. It is truely amazing how much we can do to these cars.

I saw a beautiful blue 993 getting on 287 getting on Rte 80, if you are a RL'r, stop by my office or PM me. You passed it today, right off Rt 10 were you exited.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:39 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More Nice modifications. You are going to run out of stuff to do to your car pretty soon....
chuck
Old 09-20-2006, 09:42 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Chuck... I didn't think there was anything left to do.. I am just fine tuning and enhancing to what was already done.
I must say that I am very happy to have chosen this particular beast. It is definitely one of a kind.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Carmen -

Sounds like you've got one nicely dialed in 993. Very cool!

Scott
Old 09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You found three really nice mods to add to an already awesome car. SSK is on my wish list and I think I'll be doing it sooner than later. I drove one awhile back and besides the shorter throws, I loved the lever's raised position.

chuck
Old 09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Carmen:

I'm VERY pleased that you installed the OEM sensor bracket that restored "order" with the timing maps. Makes a big difference,...............

If you're happy, I'm tickled pink,.......
Old 09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Steve,
The pleasure is all mine
Old 09-22-2006, 02:25 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It never ends! After you do all the mods possible, it's time to redo them again! Chris

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rennsport Triple