Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Confrontation with the guy who backed into my parked C4S

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:10 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have his insurance information, right? Just call his insurance company and turn in the accident. His insurance company will call him to confirm the accident (that way he'll know it was you). As far as your friend Tom doing the repairs for nothing......just insist he give you a bill. The guy that hit you will get a ding on his insurance.....if he's had other problems he might even get cancelled by his company. Maybe next time he bumps someone......he'll start off by saying he's sorry he hit their car.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993James993
You acted like a gentleman and he did not. It will work itself out in the long run, if not sooner. Let it go and enjoy your good karma.
I agree. Since all will be well soon, it's not worth the aggravation....
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
mborkow
Drifting

As far as your friend Tom doing the repairs for nothing......just insist he give you a bill
the thing is that if tom gives him an invoice he will actually have to take a payment i think (otherwise i think it might be insurance fraud, right?). while sticking it to that jerk would feel good, it probably isn't worth getting your insurance co involved if you don't have to. do you have another car you don't care much about? if you do, why don't you use it to give his jag a little love tap :-)
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hot day. Sardines in oil placed through air vent of Jag. Revenge is sweet ... rotting fish, not so much!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:16 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Originally Posted by robroy72
Hot day. Sardines in oil placed through air vent of Jag. Revenge is sweet ... rotting fish, not so much!
did you hear that episode of click and clack!? that was hIlarious.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ural+formation
Old 09-18-2006, 10:24 PM
EddieC
Rennlist Member

Actually, if you have the car inspected and they find even the smallest damage (which you did say there is some) then you have a claim. It doesn't have to be in excess of any particular dollar threshold. Therefore it is not insurance fraud. It's a real claim......just not much damage.

The idea about you bumping his car is a bad one. I assume there is no need to explain.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieC
The idea about you bumping his car is a bad one. I assume there is no need to explain.
Just as bad as any assault and battery. If revenge is your way, some might suggest doing away with overt actions and taking the way of subterfuge.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:38 PM
The Brewmeister
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

It's aggravating but fortunately the damage is minimal. As for the jerk, he is
just another disrespectful uncivilized dunghole that are all too common in
today's society. From your description of the condition of his bumpers he is
not worthy of `owning a Jag'. I wonder how many other vehicles have scars
because of this horse's a$$...

I think I would find another place to get a trim.

Last edited by The Brewmeister; 09-18-2006 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typos
Old 09-18-2006, 10:47 PM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bummer

ironically, I went into Home Depot in the SUV this weekend for 30 mins. even parked a little farther out than usual.

I left and was pulling away and saw a note fluttering on my windshield "shopping cart hit your car" with a phone number...which when called, was naturally false.
I walked around the car and didn't see any damage until I looked a the upper pillar on the back hatch. a 3" crease dent, with some reddish orange coloring on the surface... No way a shopping cart could reach that...Clearly some lowlife had backed a pickup into the adjoining space and into my car with a 2x4 loaded into the bed of the truck.

PD called, parking lot cams being checked and pending closer evaluation, and the crease is likely a relatively painless dent removal. Karma Patrol once again in effect for this jerk...no question about it...he'll get "pulled over for it" somewhere down the line

In the meantime, I will pass on your MV story to the many people I know out there...
Old 09-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Paulsha911
Racer

Thank you folks. I feel better just from reading your posts.

My wife is supportive as well and she said she will never go back to that Salon. She wasn't very happy with their work anyway, and just go there because she's too lazy to find a new shop.

I'm going to call my insurance agent to make sure I don't get dinged for reporting an incident. You know how it is, sometimes the insurance company keep tracks of the number of incidents you have, regardless of whether it's your fault or not. A friend of mine got into an accident driving my S2K. I had too claim it thru my insurance company since he has a truck fleet and don't want to risk getting his premium raised. It was a good friend and I wanted to bail him out. It turned out my insurnace company was able to get the party at fault to pay for everything fully and they didn't increase my premium or ding me on my rating. But one wonders how many reported incidents is "too much" from the insurance company's perspectives, regardless of whether you are at fault...

If my insurance agent say I will definitely not be affected, then I'd do what you suggested and ask Tom for a written estimate. And I'll pay Tom whatever amount I get reimbursed.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Cool I have an idea to make you feel better....

your rage will be cured with a baseball bat, do an unrequested fender roll for him. He'll still be out his deductible. Big city living...not for me. My "Baby" spends most of her time in the garage. I cruise the streets in a 6,000 Lb. Toyota pick up, my tow vehicle.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM
B2
Intermediate

KARMA!!!!

He'll get his, ten-times over.

When I was young and indestructable, I was at at party and witnessed a guy back his van into the side of my car. Sure, it was only a VW Fastback, but it was my baby.

When I walked up to his van to inform him that it was indeed my car which he just caved the door in on.....his response was not quoatable on this forum.

So I did the only thing a young guy would do in the late '70's.....punched him through his open window.

That was all good until it became apparent the guy standing next to me was his brother.

It quickly became a two-on-one wrestling match.

Fortuanately, a very large friend of mine broke it up.

What was the outcome?

All I remember was the fight. Good fun back then. Not now as I would have probably been stabbed four or five time just before I was shot!!!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:42 PM
mborkow
Drifting

would have probably been stabbed four or five time just before I was shot!
ain't that the sad truth. someone was shot in the last few years near me for honking their horn...i still can't get my mind around that (though i don't honk much anymore)
Old 09-18-2006, 11:50 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Wern't you thinking of selling this car and having ECM sytstem issues? Your headaches never cease my friend. I will be lighting a candle for you tonight my friend!

Quick Reply: Confrontation with the guy who backed into my parked C4S