Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone have some good pics of 3M/Invica shld. on their front bmpr?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 12:01 AM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Anyone have some good pics of 3M/Invica shld. on their front bmpr?

I have RS splitters with some turbo-s type ducts/lights up front. My car is black and unfortunately is in need of a respray of the hood/bumper cover due to chips.

I want to respray the front and then use protective film. Which is the best and how well has it worked?

If anyone happens to have put film on the top of the splitters and other areas around the front I'd love to see how that looks. Its either this or respraying every few years.

My car didn't have the guards on the rear fenders and I did a DIY with Invica which came out great. Considering doing this to the front after a respray but Invica seems kinda thin.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:06 AM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
I have RS splitters with some turbo-s type ducts/lights up front. My car is black and unfortunately is in need of a respray of the hood/bumper cover due to chips.

I want to respray the front and then use protective film. Which is the best and how well has it worked?

If anyone happens to have put film on the top of the splitters and other areas around the front I'd love to see how that looks. Its either this or respraying every few years.

My car didn't have the guards on the rear fenders and I did a DIY with Invica which came out great. Considering doing this to the front after a respray but Invica seems kinda thin.
I did invinsa-shield a couple months ago on the front and it's holding up pretty well. Someone reversed on me one day parked in the city and left black scuff marks on the front bumper. A lil soap and water clean it up. I'll take a pic in the morning if you still need it, but like I said it's only been on a few weeks.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:08 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

I had Premier Auto Protective film (Rennlist Sponsor) install a clear bra on my 993TT. The area covered are:

1. Entire hood
2. Around the headlights
3. Front Bumper including the Turbo S lip
4. Rocker Panels
5. And all four wheel wells
6. Both side mirrors

They came to my house and did a fantastic job.... highly recommended to all. Here is a pic of my car...

I was really surprise how nice the hood turned out and no seams any where all custom pieces. I'll get a closer shot of the hood and the front end for you this weekend.

Fred (ffisher),

I hope you're reading this thread...
Old 06-17-2006, 01:12 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The secret isn't the product, but the applier. Somebody who knows what they're doing will cut it so you can't see any seams exc. for the end point halfway up the trunk hood.

My Invisishield holding up great after prob. 7-8 years and approx. 80K miles.

(SCREW taking pictures; use your imagination!)
Old 06-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I've had it on my car since I bought it. It is thin, but it does the job just fine.

Just do it. You'll thank yourself later.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:00 AM
hutch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed invinca shield pro film on my BLACK C2S with factory aero kit. The Pro film is much better for dark color cars, it is also easy to work with.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:22 PM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 405 Likes on 256 Posts

I have it on mine. If done correctly, it's not very noticeable, especially in a photo. Here are two shots. In the second photo, with the garage lights you can see the line but outside it's nearly invisible. I have it on my entire front end including the spoiler area underneath. I also have it on my mirrors and on the painted part of the front wheel wells. The installer had developed some custom pieces to fit inside the door handle well to take care of finger nail scratches that tend to accrue over time (especially on the passenger side). It fit great there as well.

If you do a repaint first, I think there is a period of time the paint needs to cure before application of the film. You just need to be careful of chips during that period.

Cool, I just noticed I can see the reflection of my SC on the hood of the C4S.
Attached Images  

Last edited by autobonrun; 12-13-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:46 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious but how many of you had your bumper/hood/fenders resprayed prior to install? I've been thinking about installing it on my car when it lands and I 'think' the frontal area is in pretty good shape.

Quick Reply: Anyone have some good pics of 3M/Invica shld. on their front bmpr?