Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Buttonwillow track accomodations.. (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/278343-buttonwillow-track-accomodations.html)

B-Line 06-06-2006 07:22 PM

Buttonwillow track accomodations..

Hey Gang.

It's been a Long time.. Hope everyone is doing well.
Can someone please tell me which is a nicer place to stay near Buttonwillow racetrack, I am going there next weekend.

The Good Nite Inn or the Motel 6? I am sure it will be the lesser of two evils but if someone could please advise, that would be great. This is for the Tracquest/NCRC weekend at Buttonwillow.

Thanks.
B

Edward 06-06-2006 07:26 PM

Haven't tried the Good Nite, but that Mot 6 is less than savory. Try the Super8 there. They gave it a onceover and is pretty nice for what it is.

Edward

ca993twin 06-06-2006 07:31 PM

B-line,

I second the Super-8 motion. Not horrible and right accross the street from a great BBQ restaurant.

Good luck

B-Line 06-06-2006 07:35 PM

great thanks.. You don't happen to have a phone number??

kary993 06-06-2006 07:42 PM

The Willow Inn at Buttonwillow is far batter than any of those and has a nice pool. Good ofr after the even in the evening before dinner. Number is 6617645121.

Cory M 06-06-2006 08:12 PM

If you stay at the Super 8 try to get a room in the back-middle of the hotel or you'll be hearing the trucks pulling in and out of the station all night.

chris walrod 06-06-2006 08:33 PM

Willow Inn is my pick (Super8 isnt too bad considering the location). Willow Inn has wireless internet and their Discotec goes OFF!!!

Tom W 06-06-2006 08:51 PM

I also think the Willow Inn is as good as it gets for Buttonwillow. Like the Amerihost at Thunderhill, the Willow Inn has 2 "suites" that are larger and marginally nicer rooms (they are not as nice as the Amerihost). My wife and I like it because they allow dogs too (we bring our 3 Westies).

Don't even consider the Best Western that is the next exit south. While it's "nice", it's very close to a large feed-lot and makes for an aroma filled stay. You can guess how I know ...

B-Line 06-06-2006 09:00 PM

The confusion continues...lol..

Thank you guys for your input. As per your advice, I went to go cancel the room at the Good Night Inn and book at the Willow Inn. It turns out, the Good Night Inn IS the Willow Inn. They changed their name.

I was going to stay at the Super 8 but the trucks sound like a mess.

And as glad as I am to save money at $55/night. Sometimes rooms that cheap scare me. But since you guys give it the thumbs up, I'm sure it's ok..

Thanks.
B

Edward 06-06-2006 09:15 PM

Willow Inn ...great tip, gotta try that next time.

You MUST, however, go to "Tita's" in Buttonwillow proper (not Tita's on Tracy Ave where all the lodging and gas stations are). It has amazing Salvadorianian/Mex food. Don't let the "humble" facade fool you. A friend of mine turned me on to the place and everything these is outstanding. But if you like shrimp, the garlic shrimp is heaven! It's off that road where the Super 8 is ...I think that's hwy 58 toward Buttonwillow. Go about 2 miles and it's on the right. sorry, I digress, bt it's that good. :)

Edward

B-Line 06-06-2006 09:21 PM

edward, you just hit my sweet spot.

Nothing makes me happier than small, ethnic, family owned restaurants. I will definately be chowing down at Tita's. Sounds incredible. And yes, I love garlic shrimp. Best garlic shrimp I ever ate was on the north shore of Oahu in Hawaii. It came out of a roach coach van and was awesome.

I'm sure any Rennlisters who have been on the North Shore of Oahu have eaten at one of the shrimp vans...

Thanks again for the recommendation.. I can't wait to dig in..

B-Line 06-06-2006 09:22 PM

let me just make sure I have this right though:

There are two restaurants called tita's. One is on Tracy ave where all the lodging is (This is the one to avoid...)
The second Tita's is in Buttonwillow proper.. This is the one I want to eat at..

Yes ?

Edward 06-07-2006 11:22 AM

The Tita's where the lodging is is not a place to avoid, per se. Actually, it's the same "Tita" (from what I've been told) ...just more of a quick-stop venue for the truckers, as opposed to her restaurant. But yes, the restaurant, er hole in the wall, is THE place. Oh, forgot to mention, everytime I've been there, CHP is there chowing down. So while the food is superb, mind your speed and no mid-block Uturns. :D
Have fun at Buttonwillow ...just did a TT there on Mem day weekend ...enjoy!
:cheers:

Edward