Black dashboard material wanted

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 03:45 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Black dashboard material wanted

I am looking to redo the batphone console in my car. The interior is Classic Gray including the dash top and lower bolster and it is the "full leather" that comes in a tt. I want to cover the batphone replacement panel in black material that matches the black portion of my dash which contains the radio, HVAC controls and switches. Is the black stuff leather? and whatever it is,, where can I find a matching piece?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doug - Was this piece yours originally or did you buy off ebay? I've been looking for one so was curious.

WRT to leather covering, I purchased hide from Veteran Company. I used the leather to recover the door panel inserts, center console and door bins on a rear seat delete kit (recovering all these was easier than I expected if you are patient). If you find some of my previous posts where I included pics on my interior you can see that the match is really good w/ my black vinyl interior pieces. I don't think that part of your dash is leather and if it isn't you can probably recover it while you're doing this.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

David - it came in the car from the factory. thanks

Quick Reply: Black dashboard material wanted