VERTEX HID'S Ready for sale $225.00 + shipping

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:44 PM
VertexAuto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Group,

This is Charles with VertexAuto.com

Thanks for the overwhelming response with the 4300K HID kits. I ordered 30 kits of the 4300K for the 993 and as of now 27 of the spots are filled! Wow! Good News, the supplier has confirmed shipment and we should expect them in in the next 3 business days. I will be contacting you all the moment I have them in my possession.

Thanks again for all of your support! We appreciate patronage and look forward to serving your needs.

Charles
Vertex Automotive
1-866-668-0660

P.S. My extension is 211, not 225.
P.S.S. I also have plenty of the 6000,8000 & 12000K Kits should the other 3 4300K kits sell.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Brave Heart
Racer

Great Charles I can't wait !!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:04 PM
Ben993
2nd Gear

I'm in too. I just talked to Charles. Sounds like he has one 4300K kit left.
Thanks to all the Rennlisters for the info.
--Ben
Old 03-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Ms Kita
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank you Charles, that great new!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
SR71BLACKBIRD
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you very much Mike for arranging the Group Buy. Charles phoned me today to get my shipping address and payment info and said they will be starting to ship tommorrow as they are still on a pallet today. I reminded him to check on the wire lengths to make sure we all got the long wire looms instead of the short one and he said he would make sure they were the correct length.

I am so excited. I should be getting my 4300Ks by end of next week. By the way he said that we have H1 bulbs - is that correct as yours has D2S; I am confused

Again thank you very much.

Scott
Old 03-14-2006, 05:18 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I got the call as well - looking forward to getting lights. Anyone still interested in socal group install?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:50 PM
mac993
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TJ- I got the call as well. I'm up for a group install in SD.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:45 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just placed my order for 6000k. Thanks Charles and Mike!

Now, who can point me to the best tech article or thread on installing these?
Old 03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Leland Pate
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am interested.
My sticking point would be the issue of reverting back to the stock setup, if needed. I've heard differing information about the legality of running these aftermarket lights in Germany.

Also, can they be installed while still retaining the slide in/out function of the headlights?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:37 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

OK - I got my vertex 4300k kit yesterday. It was either do taxes or install the lights. I decided to go for it - I am still interested in coming out for the group install (SD) to be social and meet some of you. It really was not bad installation. Took me about 1.5 - 2 hours - not a hole to drill! Charles - thanks for putting a nice kit together. You can easily revert back to the old setup - not that you would ever want to!
I do have one question however - how are the rubber seals supposed to be on the back cover? I installed the rubber grommet on the drilled hole and slid the other rubber seal from the light up to it but there is still a big opening for moisture. Is that how its supposed to be? Is the seal around the wires supposed to fit inside the rubber grommet?
Anyway, I went driving around midnight last night and WOW what a difference! This setup is so much safer than stock Halogen. Its laughable how the Silverstars (high beam) look so yellow compared to the 4300 kit. I am very happy with the lumen output and color. I also realized how bad my headlights were out of adjustment. Maybe because my car has lowered, aftermarket coil-over suspension, or because the HIDs, but I was only happy with the HL adjustment if I DID NOT try to align the lights according to the bubble or lateral ruler on the side. The best way I found to adjust the light s is to put the car on a level driveway, point at garage door and adjust until they are straight and good level. Then go drive on a flat road and adjust accordingly. It took 3 or 4 iterations but I got the lights pretty straight and good height so that I get good visibility without blinding everyone. Im suprised how the stock projector lenses do a good job creating an even, flat illumination of the road - but then again, its a Porsche!
Let me know if the group install happens. I still interested in coming out and meeting you guys.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,040 Likes on 554 Posts

Do they have any kits with a color temperature of 24,000 Kelvins?

I was looking for the "ultra-violet" look. Besides, I could charge people for tanning.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:14 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

tj90-
I went ahead and installed my 4300 HIDs.. Very easy.. My grommet had no holes in it, not sure if yours did or not.. I did not get the Vertex kit.. I made 2 small 1-2mm slices with a razor blade in the grommet. After installing the grommet in the 1 inch hole I drilled (tight, water tight fit), I then fed each wire coming from the ballast and going to the lightbulb in the headlight housing through these small slices I made. The grommet looks tightly sealed around each wire. You could add some silicone cement to the back of the grommet around the wires if you really wanted a 100% water-tight seal. I then wrapped the ballasts in foam, and stuffed each into the fenders behind each headlight, there is plenty of room in there. This way (as discussed in other HID instal threads) there is no need to feed wires into the front compartment or velcro/screw the ballast anywhere. Works well and is really clean..

I totally agree with the re-alignment of the headlights. My car is also lowered and for whatever reason, I needed to re-align. I think the HIDs are so much brighter it may be easier to tell if the headlamps are not adjusted perfectly. I also needed to disregard the bubble levels in the headlamp housings and adjust at night in the manner you describe. Much better visibility as everyone states, but the alignment after install can be critical to get the most out of the HIDs.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the info Steve. The Vertex kit comes with a drilled back plate but I think the hold diameter is different than the rubber washer/stopper thing that is attached to the bulb wires. You are right - you would have to cut 2 slits in this thing to accomodate the additional wires. I think with the vertex kit, the hole is not big enough to accomodate the washer stopper.... They did provide another cut grommet that does fit the hole and all 4 wires. There is still a pretty big gap for moisture. If you want to avoid moisture, I wonder if you would have to use a ton of silicone caulk to close up the gaps....

I wonder if I should take the HL back plate off and drill a larger hole; throw away the Vertex supplied grommet, slit the rubber washer/stopper on the headlight wires and fit the washer/stopper to the back of the HL back plate. I believe this is Steve's setup...

What did you guys do?
Old 03-22-2006, 04:11 PM
911CabSteve
Rennlist Member

Things don't sound right.. Fit should be nice and tight between the rubber grommet and the hole in the back plate... No caulking should be needed..

Note that, at least with my kit, at first the rubber grommet also seemed too big to fit in the 1 inch hole. That was because the grommet edges have significant overlap over the inside/outside of the plastic 1 inch hole. In other words, the grommet edge has a cut around the circumference of the grommet to seal inside and outside of the hole. The interior diamter of the cut is 1 inch in diameter, but the overall diamter of the grommet is more like 1.25 inches. I had to work the grommet into the 1 inch hole pretty hard, then pull out the edges so it fit flush and nice and tight..
Old 03-22-2006, 04:29 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Thanks, Ill take a look at the dimensions. Your right - the grommet seems much larger than the hole.

I called Vertex and they confirmed that I had installed correctly. The rubber grommet thats around the headlight wires is not really used in the setup. There will be a gap between the wires and grommet that they provide. They suggest adding silicone caulk to give more piece of mind if your concerned abotu moisture or dust.

I will take another look at it. I may opt to drill the hole larger and use the bulb wire grommet. I think the minimal amount of silicone that would be needed would make the installation look much more professional. I am concerned about dust and moisture - the lamps had dust in them and I have no idea where it came from.... I bet the hole in the rear cover would just add even more....

Quick Reply: VERTEX HID'S Ready for sale $225.00 + shipping