Sponsored by:

Pretty Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 10:39 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AOW162435
When I read an Ebay description as flowery and laden with bullsh!t as this one, I immediately wonder what the seller is trying to cover up.

What really caught my eye was the manufacturer's decal. For a car with only 11,000 miles, the decal sure looks mighty banged up and nicked. Hmm. Could it have been removed for the repaint, or did someone unsuccessfully try to remove it? Either way, that car is way too altered for my taste.

Andreas
The tear in the middle of the sticker would make me nervous....
Old 12-20-2005, 11:04 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by David in LA
Actually that's not correct...the front fenders of a widebody are different than those of a narrowbody - they are the same width, but the widebody front fenders have a different rocker panel section so they will blend into the main rocker panel below the door. Agree with you though that the front bumpers are the same size - if you look at this car and consider all the work done, then you'd have to wonder why the front bumper was not changed to a TT or TT-S unless either the owner preferred the NB bumper, or because it did not need replacing like the other parts.
David,

Actually, what I previously stated IS correct. The front fenders for a NB and a WB are exactly the same part. Look it up in PET and you'll see.

There is a bottom rocker piece that gets added on the regular NB front fender (Porsche Part NO 993-503-331-00 Fender Joining Plate) to blend into the main rocker panel of a WB below the door.

So, if you want to make your Cab a WB, you'll need a WB rear bumber, the WB fenders, the WB bottom rockers and the fender joining plates to add to your current front fenders.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:18 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by cabrio993
David,

Actually, what I previously stated IS correct. The front fenders for a NB and a WB are exactly the same part. Look it up in PET and you'll see.

There is a bottom rocker piece that gets added on the regular NB front fender (Porsche Part NO 993-503-331-00 Fender Joining Plate) to blend into the main rocker panel of a WB below the door.

So, if you want to make your Cab a WB, you'll need a WB rear bumber, the WB fenders, the WB bottom rockers and the fender joining plates to add to your current front fenders.
Okay, I stand corrected...I need to get me a PET

BTW where did you get your avatar? I've seen a bunch of R'listers w/similar ones lately.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:49 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
When I read an Ebay description as flowery and laden with bullsh!t as this one, I immediately wonder what the seller is trying to cover up.

What really caught my eye was the manufacturer's decal. For a car with only 11,000 miles, the decal sure looks mighty banged up and nicked. Hmm. Could it have been removed for the repaint, or did someone unsuccessfully try to remove it? Either way, that car is way too altered for my taste.

Andreas
Since the car spent nearly 8 months in Texas, maybe the cowboy that owned it neglected to remove his pistol and gunbelt before getting in. That'll raise hell with the seat bolsters and door pillar stickers.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:11 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by David in LA
Okay, I stand corrected...I need to get me a PET

BTW where did you get your avatar? I've seen a bunch of R'listers w/similar ones lately.
David,

Ask and you shall receive...you have PM.

The avatar came from someone that posted drawings of 993's and everyone started to "mod" them to their liking. (What else is new right?) Here is the link:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=241913
Old 12-20-2005, 05:52 PM
wht993cabrio
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It always amazes me how quickly you guys can peel the onion.

I bought my car 5 yrs ago without the benefit of Rennlist and I guess I was just plain lucky.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:59 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Originally Posted by wht993cabrio
It always amazes me how quickly you guys can peel the onion.

I bought my car 5 yrs ago without the benefit of Rennlist and I guess I was just plain lucky.
Me too! I am afraid that if I post pictures, they will point to me door dings that I didn't even know I had!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:05 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

This car is pertty close to me - I'm going to go look at it tomorrow.

The last time I looked @ a Porsche there, it was a 996 TT that was waaaay under value. The story they gave me was that it had been driven over a curb block at speed which shoved the shocks through both front fenders (?) Both fenders and front suspensoin replaced, but original undamaged (?) wheels.

I'll submit my report tomorrow...

Quick Reply: Pretty Car