chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Kelly,

If you don't have a tear in your eye by now....I have never seen such a huge response when a Rennlister is contemplating leaving.

You and I have exchanged a few e-mails over the years...you are a class act. I hope that your fortunes change and you can stay in Kauai...boy do I love your island..one of my favorites.

Best of luck
Just as Martin, and all have already said, this is truly sad. I hope things work out for you! I think its safe to say everyone has benefitted from your technical input, humor and your friendly hospitality.

If you ever find yourself in SoCal, please know that I extend what you have always extended to me, a place to stay.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:53 AM
ibdavid
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Kelly, thanks for everything.....Rennlist and beyond!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow Kelly, that is a shame. As you say, life is about change. I hope the change will be all the better for you...
Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
I hope the change will be all the better for you...
Bob,

And same to you as well. Please say "Hi" to your lovely family for us. We do miss you out here in the left coast. But our bank account is swelling like mad for unknown reasons.

CP
Old 11-10-2005, 03:23 PM
rkass
Racer

Kelly, I can't say anything new than what's posted - but it definitely proves what a classy guy you are. You've helped me out more times than you'll ever know. Good luck in the future and (selfishly) please stick around on the board.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:38 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by viperbob
As you say, life is about change. I hope the change will be all the better for you...
VB,

Your move a few years ago when you went to servicing Pcars full time due to a forced career change and now your recent move across the country, is one of the reasons I'm not panicking about my situation. I've seen how people have taken radical direction changes in their lives and have prospered from it. You are proof of that. Thanks for sharing your story so others can grow from it. The very best to you, too.

To you all.. as Martin pointed out... I'm overwhelmed, touched and humbled by the support in this thread. I purposely tried to keep this off the 993 board as I didn't want a big "to do" over a personal matter.... I should have known better. Now that it's out, I'm glad I can be honest and open with my Ecommunity and Efriends. You guys are truly the best.

But, you aren't getting rid of me that easily. Depending on what happens, work wise, there is still a small chance I may end up keeping the car. There is hope.

Damn... this is the best $17/yr I've ever spent in my life!!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:42 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I certainly hope you DO find a way to keep the car. You're a great contributor, plus this board needs some nice guys like you to balance out the a-holes like me.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Racer944
Racer

I do hope you get to keep the car in the end Kelly... I have been through these dilemmas before myself and I know you will make the right choices for you, and things will be good!

Cheers;
Eric

P.S. Your not getting your splitters back if you keep the car though! ;-)
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
wannaB_turbo
Instructor

All these emotions flying high....

Whew... I think Kelly needs a group hug.

Kelly - best of luck for ur future. We all come up to a juncture in life where we have to make certain choices. Beleive it or not, I might be forced to do so too in the next month or so. And in case I succumb to the situation i'll part with my car, only with a promise to come back to get a TT.

Anyways, wish you all the best.

--Andy
Old 11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Kelly -

Guess the "cat's out of the bag now, eh?" I knew that when your news finally came out, the way you thought it might go down re: your final decision of what to do, you'd see/hear the type of things that appear on this thread. I've said it all before, and so much has already been said on this thread, that I'll keep it simple. You're a class act bro. Good luck in all your future endeavors and DON"T be a stranger.

Scott
Old 11-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, Kkim, you're a class act! Right when I joined Rennlist, you gave me a 993 bra for free! Didn't even charge me for shipping! Every time I use it I think of your generosity.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

add me to the list of wishing Kelly the best as he moves forward having been the recipient of his generous advice, both direct and indirect. As others have mentioned, just because you sell the car (if you do) doesn't mean you have to leave this fine establishment.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Bruce SEA 993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Kelly,

I think a lot of us have been through some changes....some greater than others. I am sure you will come out OK at the other end!

One thing that I notice on this board is that there are a number of posts from folks that sold their 993s for what ever reason and then they are so glad to be back in the saddle when they get another one. My wife and I kicked around the idea of selling the car for about 1 minute...no way! OTOH, everybody has a different situation going on.

I know your insite and help has been very much appreciated around here...you have had to do so much on your own as you are isolated physically. Can you imagine tinkering with these cars without the support of the Rennlist group? Yikes.

SO good luck and I hope you stay in touch!

Cheers!
Old 11-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best of luck Kelly. Thanks for alll you contributed to the overall knowledge base of this forum. I also appreciate your fostering of a feeling of friendly comradery in each of your posts.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Hey Kelly..I don't come around here much these days...and I was surprised to hear your selling your baby. I always appreciated your friendship on this board and your Aloha spirit. I will be back on Oahu in January for a few weeks (still interviewing for a move back)...dinner on me if we can hook up.........I will pm you the details.......Good luck with the changing times, you can always move to AK, I got a big-*** house!!!!!!!.............Marc

Quick Reply: What's up with Kelly Kim?