Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: After 20 years together, poof! She's gone.

Old 09-18-2005, 12:51 AM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 41 Posts
Default OT: After 20 years together, poof! She's gone.

I have known my wife and close friends longer than I've owned this car, but there isn't too much else the same in my life since 1985... Lots of work since then but it turned out you can indeed make a good sports car out of an American classic. Tonight the 'cuda went off to a new home:

I must say I was a little verklempt& nostalgic when I saw the trailer head down the road, but then again, as Marsupilami says: HOUBA!

I am blessed with not one but two Porsches these days. And selling the 'cuda means I can keep the 951 and turn it into a track car. Life changes, but it's grand. I hope you all are enjoying it, too.
Old 09-18-2005, 01:53 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Ed,

Oh man... you must be missing the grand hunk of American muscle. Great, and highly sought after classic these days.

Not in the same league... but my Mustang Cobra put the hurt on a few of them "sporty cars" at the track also. Kinda fun. I really need to unload the Cobra... one of these days, I suppose.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:55 AM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

The last muscle car I sold (1970 Chevelle SS454 four speed) was so I could focus on racing off-road RC cars at a professional level. This was before I got factory sponsorship. At the time (1990), I thought to myself as this car left my house with the new owner, 'what I am doing?' Wish I had that car now.. Life evolves and you must move with it....

Its safe to say that I do get attached to my cars.... Am I insane? (dont answer that)
Old 09-18-2005, 02:45 PM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Ed,

I know how you feel. I sold my 67 RS Convt. Camaro a couple of years ago after 25 years of owership. It was my first car at 16. I learned a lot working on the car over the years haveing completely restored it and putting several motors and trans combinations in the car. Every once in a while I do miss it but I would not trade it back for the 993. I guess it was time for a change.

Shawn

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OT: After 20 years together, poof! She's gone.