Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

RS Short Shifter and alu factory shift knob/boot. Does it work?

Old 07-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Racer944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Short Shifter and alu factory shift ****/boot. Does it work?

Hi Guys;

Did a search but did not come up with anything conclusive.

Is anyone out there running an RS short shift kit with the factory OEM **** (not RS ****) or the factory aluminum/leather shift ****? If so, does the existing leather boot accomodate the extra height of the RS short shift lever properly without looking silly or stretched? Anyone have pics?

I actually want the slight extra height of the RS lever to better suit my driving position but I did not want to go to the RS ****. I either want to use the original ****/boot, or perhaps the factory Alu/Leather **** that Gert sells...

Thanks;
Eric
Old 07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Eric,

yes, I have a OEM shifter(leather/light wood) and put RS short shift kit - it worked fine. Standard leather shifter boot accomodated slight rise in the height perfectly.

Good luck.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racer944
Hi Guys;

Did a search but did not come up with anything conclusive.

Is anyone out there running an RS short shift kit with the factory OEM **** (not RS ****) or the factory aluminum/leather shift ****? If so, does the existing leather boot accomodate the extra height of the RS short shift lever properly without looking silly or stretched? Anyone have pics?

I actually want the slight extra height of the RS lever to better suit my driving position but I did not want to go to the RS ****. I either want to use the original ****/boot, or perhaps the factory Alu/Leather **** that Gert sells...

Thanks;
Eric
I have the RS shift kit, and aluminum/leather ****. Fits fine, Works fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RS Short Shifter and alu factory shift knob/boot. Does it work?