Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Starting Failure

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:31 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly as Craig Said--my driver switch failed when I was in South Carolina--glad I had it in the glovebox...buy it from Pelican or another place like that--cheap insurance indeed....
Old 07-19-2005, 04:32 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig Huckins
Picture this, your'e in the middle of nowhere, you roll down your widow and it wont roll back up. If it starts to rain..... or you want to park securely you are out of luck if you don't have a spare switch. It's cheap insurance to pack a spare.

Don't forget that you have three windows switches. You could just swap with the one on the driver's door which drives the passenger window
Old 11-24-2005, 07:48 AM
indian porker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter not turning

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
What model year do you have? Is the starter turning but the motor is not catching? Do you own a multimeter?
My car had the same problem first of the motor not catching which was fixed with a new DME relay, thanks. Now, three weeks later, she is not cranking / starter is not turning.

Could it be the starter motor? Does it fail without any warning? The battery is new.

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:33 AM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps you have been very unlucky and your new DME ralay has failed. That or the connections on the bottom of the fuse box board in which the DME relay sits have come loose. I have had that happen to me before and my Tiptronic kept stalling and misfiring.

Quick Reply: Starting Failure