Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light maintenance... results??.. not as expected

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it' true that my idle is perfect since I worked on my car. But I change not only the DMF for a LWF but also the dual ignition caps and rotors plus the spark plugs cables, and cleaned the ISV. I also cleaned and recalibrate the small sensor that senses the dented wheel behind the LWF.
So I cannot be sure what made it run smoother. May be all together.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:09 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default vacuum leak

i was reading your post and i was thinking that cleaning the isv with carb or brake cleaner might not be such a good thing as you do remove all the slude in the unit but also remove all the lubricant on the shaft that can cause binding, making the respone time of open and closing the isv irratic in operation. maybe its worn out too.that cleaning agent is stong and will remove traces of anything, just a thought. plus that little valve does a lot of work and wont last forever. anyway i removed my intake and to clean it out and had the injectors sent out for cleaning. while everthing was out i noticed the elbow on the fuel regulator had a small crack and the rubber elbow which has vacuum going to it. but the most noticable thing was while the intake was off the car and looking down the intakes which are short and black and hold the injectors i could see a bit off buldging of the rubber gasket. i figured since i had everthing apart why not remove these and see whats going on. they were starting to fall apart and i am glad that i removed them to take a closer look. my car ran good before i removed the intake but i will see if there is any difference when ita all back together. it seems that from the constant spray of fuel from the fuel injectors that the gas was breaking down the rubber gaskets. this would be hard to see if you were not looking for this and my car has only 19600 miles on it. mind you the gaskets were not dried out just getting soft and mushy. i bet there are a lot of cars that have this problem also but are not aware. i do not know how to post picture but if anyone wants i can send them to you so you can see for yourself. the seal part number is 99311071301

Quick Reply: Light maintenance... results??.. not as expected