Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   993 worskshop manual for download on e-bay (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/204011-993-worskshop-manual-for-download-on-e-bay.html)

cabrio993 05-15-2005 12:48 PM

993 worskshop manual for download on e-bay

Has anyone looked at this? it says over 2000 pages. 460+ MB download. $15.00. What do you guys think? worth it?

No affiliation..yada..yada..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42607

Schnell 911 05-15-2005 01:34 PM

I never have , but have wanted a factory service manual for GP. $15 clams might be worth the gamble. Probably some good tech info? Let me know how it is. You could always rip copies for viewing purposes only! And forward to members, friends, etc....

allill 05-15-2005 01:47 PM

let me know how it is as well.

graham_mitchell 05-15-2005 02:09 PM

Maybe if people are looking for a copy, and express their interest here, they will receive some help in a PM. It has been known to happen!

C4S_fan 05-15-2005 02:13 PM

Consider this an expression of interest! I'd love to see whats on that CD. Does it cover the C4S?

Marv 05-15-2005 02:19 PM

Is this legit or a pirated copy of the Porsche Workshop manuals?

I would love to buy low cost, but I do not want to support bootlegging.

Marv

Typhoon 05-15-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by C4S_fan
Consider this an expression of interest! I'd love to see whats on that CD. Does it cover the C4S?

Not specifically, but it covers C2,C4 and TT which should be good enough.

Lorenfb 05-15-2005 03:14 PM

"Is this legit or a pirated copy of the Porsche Workshop manuals?" - Marv -

Obviously this is a copyright infringement of Porsche's intellectual property
and links to this shouldn't be posted on Rennlist. Furthermore, all copies
whether on CD/paper/downloads are very poor quality with missing pages,
as many have learned the hard way. To sell copyright material on eBay is
also a violation of eBay rules.

Don't promote copyright violations!

HK G36C 05-15-2005 08:29 PM

I got mine about two years ago. It is filled with a wealth of information. It is worth, how much was it, anyway, go ahead get it. :)

993polarsilver 05-15-2005 09:46 PM

I took a chance and just downloaded it. It looks like a scan, pretty good quality. It has the 8 volumes from the Workshop Repair Manual, plus another set for the TT. Can't see so far whether it is complete, but it has over 2,000 pages. It comes as a huge pdf file and takes a good while to download. A bound copy would be better, but this one doesn't look too bad overall. Not an endorsement, just a recon...

On a related note, when are we going to see a Bentley 993 manual?

Edward 05-15-2005 10:24 PM

C'mon, at that price, this cannot be anything other than copyright infringement. I agree with Loren, don't promote such violation which, incidently, also is against the rules of this board, IIRC. Just my personal suggestion, mind you, but please take such content off line as we would not want to put John D. in any compromising position :)

Edward

993polarsilver 05-16-2005 04:09 AM

As I stated earlier, it was just a recon. I have no way of knowing if this is licensed by the copyright holder, but I have nonetheless deleted to file and and do not in any way, shape or form support piracy. The UK based company that sells the product has their imprint all over the pdf and are a well know entity on eBay, so I am sure that one on the many upstanding members of the bar on this site can refer Porsche AG to any possible infringement.

I restate my earlier question: When are we going to get a Bentley manual???

Toga 05-16-2005 06:49 AM

A few month ago, I found a copy with Limewire, or was it E-donkey? I don't remember. It looks quite similar to the copy I had: scan complete, with the C4 included. Only the electrical pages are difficult to follow!

vuugti 05-16-2005 10:24 AM

I know someone who obtained one of these "cds". Don't bother. Once you get into the nitty-gritty, they are lacking some important info. Get the real deal.

Cheers,
Andy ;)