993 Forum 1995-1998

A sad start to the rumble

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 AM
dsandfort
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm already tired of insufferable ******
Who would say such a thing? Hope the cars and the folks are fine. Sure wish I could have been there.
Del
Old 05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
edrewitz
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, always a pleasure. I would love to see that gorgeous GT3 of yours at the track soon. I know JR will be there too.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

The anticipation of the Rumble is very exciting for all. But when you get that first peek of another 993 on the morning of the Rumble that greets you as you pull up next to them on the freeway is priceless. Driving behind Steve OFE's beautiful arena red turbo and cruising up to meet the group was a great way to start the day.

Thanks Fred for arranging all of the maps and the setting up the route. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be a very scenic drive with maybe the exception of Taft. Great group of people and very fun drive!

John, thanks for setting up the lunch, everything went off without a hitch.

Tony, glad you and Jodi are OK. Pong, sorry to hear about your car, glad you are OK also.

Great photos Steve, Alan and Paul.

Scott
Old 05-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

I am very grateful to Alan especially, and others who take time out of their own fun to snap pics for all of us to enjoy.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:54 AM
c4bliss
Racer

OG, that is one fine car you have. I have the interior shots heading to my screen saver file! EricS, thanks for showing us the line down our chosen twisty route.. esp when to slow for rivers, cows and that dog! Steve, honk when you go by on ThanksGiving!

By the way, please POST AS MANY SILLY SNAPSHOTS AS YOU WISH. Suzanne and I greatly enjoy it.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:57 AM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Scott,

Please don't put the knock on Taft. We want people to move there and help the property values... right? It was great to drive up with you and Jane and do two picture perfect freeway merges to join the others! Your C4S is as perfect as they come, and guards red is so awesome in person... hard to photograph and get the color just right. Love those turbo II wheeels. It was great to see you again.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:59 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Radar
Well, no one called you stupid, but if you think so... As to proof reading, I guess you'd rather proof watch your snapshots than make sure people know the correct spelling of a Porsche color. You see, typing Visivio is no different from typing Porche.

Don't go figuring too quickly. Not everyone on Rennlist is looking for threads full of silly snapshots of cars. Once in a while, a helpful post about 993's could be more worthwhile than a bunch of boring snapshots. But, with your Canon 20D, there is not much you can do to help people with P-cars. Just make sure you can promote your photography business.
Radar why don't you just fall off the screen and do everyone a favor, you are not wanted in this thread and you are not apart of this group so get lost and stay lost.

Yeah, I'm getting really phat selling $65 prints of peoples cars, yep that's my plan. Let's see, I can take a weeks worth of my time printing and shipping 20 freakin prints for fellow enthusiasts to enjoy or make about the same amount of money in about 2 hours worth of work with my cruise business. Now let's see, what do I want to do with my time?

So who else wants me to stop posting pictures??
Old 05-02-2005, 01:05 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Radar why don't you just fall off the screen and do everyone a favor, you are not wanted in this thread and you are not apart of this group so get lost and stay lost.

Yeah, I'm getting really phat selling $65 prints of peoples cars, yep that's my plan. Let's see, I can take a weeks worth of my time printing and shipping 20 freakin prints for fellow enthusiasts to enjoy or make about the same amount of money in about 2 hours worth of work with my cruise business. Now let's see, what do I want to do with my time?

So who else wants me to stop posting pictures??
Personally, I'd like to hear more about this cruise business...
Old 05-02-2005, 01:07 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

Alan You DA MAN!! I just absolutely love these get togethers. You cant tarnish a great weekend
(except with our losses)
JR I think you have inherited the Father of Rennlist get togehters! Great Job, loved meeting you and your girlfriend what a sweet young lady!! (Steve OFE would be our Grand Pappy of get togethers!!)
Great job!
I now have used the IGNORE feature for the second time, way to go John D.!!
Old 05-02-2005, 01:09 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Jonathan, can't do it, I might get accused of promoting my bread and butter business.

However, you can always PM me.

p.s. I have a very wealthy client list that sometimes spends as much on a cruise as we do buying our 993's. You don't make that kind of money selling 3 day Mexico cruises that's for sure.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

And... I will keep posting these images because I know my friends like them.

p.s. Oh, and as far as your "mnmblows" name calling. You are a real gentleman and a scholar Mr. Radar. Rennlist is so much better having you around, you provide such an enriching contribution to this site.

I made a special avatar for you, it seems very fitting.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:33 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Now back to working for the enjoyment of my friends.

Last edited by mnmblu; 05-03-2005 at 04:26 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:35 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alan -

You're a PRO! Thanks for the sharing the pics with those of us who could not attend.

Scott
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 AM
Radar
Instructor

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Now back to being working for the enjoyment of my friends.
Damn! You can't park either? How the hell do you keep your cruise ships afloat?
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2005, 01:39 AM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Nice pics Alan. More please...

Quick Reply: A sad start to the rumble