993 Forum 1995-1998

A sad start to the rumble

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cy
Why should I not challenge something that I see as a problem.
Regards,
As I stated previously that's your right. Next time send it to the moderator and leave the thread alone. It's not your responsibility, it's the moderators.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

E.J.:

1. I never proposed a new rule for Alan; I simply said that John D. should decide what is appropriate. It's HIS site and HE gets to make the rules. Whether or not we pay our dues, and whether or not we contribute to or "make" this site, as far as I am concerned the buck stops at John's desk, and ultimately we are just his guests here.

2. I merely made a suggestion to change a rule that would take individual policing out of the threads and direct them to the owners / moderators of this site, who are the ones that should be dealing with such issues. I'm not dictating a new rule, I don't expect any vote on the rule, its just a suggestion that John D. may consider and act upon as he deems appropriate.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:19 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Greg he was given a short time out. Did you want it to be longer?
That is not my call to make, I do know that people have been given vacations for lesser issues.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
I am sorry, really I am, but I can't let some of this stuff fly under the radar.

Jim, you have been regiestered for a year. One of your friends who makes a nice avatar for you has a bit of a rough time that some admit is a little 'gray area'.

Then you feel you have to right to propose new rules, conditions, ammendments to the charter, points of order and the like? The you want to make a special status for a member who takes and posts pictures? Come on man, get over it.

NO ONE here will argue actual facts with me. If the powers that be dont want to enforce the the laws already on the books, that doesn't change the fact that the law is broken. Once again, its a simple fact. But just like its not a democracy for us peons to vote in new management, nor is it a democracy for us peons to propose changes to the constitution. I realize that has never stopped liberals and activist judges from trying, but hopefully the rennlist community is a little stronger than that.
So now there is a time requirement before you can express an opinion. Where in the rules or Charter is that written E.J? Or is that your arrogance showing through again.

As to the actual facts, I would argue that facts are subjective. The law is a living document, constantly being ammended by judges (liberals, conservatives, activist or otherwise) because that is the way the founding fathers thought it should be. So far, that's the way it is. So fact is fact in the eye of the beholder and ultimately it is up to judges to decide.

So, John D. and Jenn are the founding father/mother, and they and the moderators are the supreme court. They decide what the law is. They have spoken.

What you are suggesting is that your interpretation of the law is the law. Wrong. J&J's interpretation of the law is the law - they determine what is fact. Yours is just a MIS-interpretation of the facts.

There, I've addressed your point. Keep digging yourself in this hole, I'm having fun again.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 315 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Cy
E.J. . . . you (and a few others posted above) get it! It has nothing to do with posting pictures . . . post 'em all day long. Rather it has to do with coming onto Rennlist for 30 mins and having someones advertising, whether successful or not, banged into my skull over 200 times.

Kind regards,
OH MY GOD CY!!!! You didn't have to read the bloody thread!!! No one was banging your head except for yourself. If you didn't like something banging you in the head 200+ times, why didn't you stop???

BOYS STOP IT NOW AND GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoAnne

PS: Jenn, I love the idea of the owners of this forum having the sole responsibility for banning members. Since the boys are not getting along right now, I'm looking at it like this:
Moderators are like school teachers, they have to keep the kids in line, but when one or more of the kids get in trouble, they have to go to the Principle who decides if they are going to be expelled or not. Whether or not some of the kids in this class like it or not, John is the Principle and you are the Vice Principle. What you guys say, goes. If they don't like it they can always change schools......
Old 05-04-2005, 10:23 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Marc in AK
I just had a vision. It was Ferdinand Porsche saying, 'close the thread'.......although, maybe that's the bad smoked salmon from lunch talking......
How do you get bad smoked salmon in your neighborhood?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Greg Fishman
That is not my call to make, I do know that people have been given vacations for lesser issues.
Perhaps my conviction and sentence was overturned or the sentencing was reviewed and overturned and I was given time served instead.

I don't really know since it has yet to be explained to me. But I remain grateful for my freedom.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
How do you get bad smoked salmon in your neighborhood?
By smoking it yourself..........good thing I have a wireless laptop and can surf Rennlist on the can (too much info?)...ok...back to the hate'n..............
Old 05-04-2005, 10:27 PM
Seljan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn I love the INTERWEB! Porsche's,drama...all we need now are some hot babes!

PS..I like the pics. His pics have inspired me to try and become a better photographer.As I learn about the mechanical aspects of Porsche ownership.I also enjoy the artistic part of it.
Thanks for sharing your talent here.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By smoking it yourself..........good thing I have a wireless laptop and can surf Rennlist on the can (too much info?)...ok...back to the hate'n..............
Marc you are always a crack up.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:33 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

E. J. ? Helloooooooooooooooooo, I'm waiting.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:35 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Wow! Smoking a Salmon, surfing Rennlist, and taking a dump. Brings new meaning to the term multi-tasking....
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
...NO ONE here will argue actual facts with me...
Been there, done that. Next!
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
E. J. ? Helloooooooooooooooooo, I'm waiting.
It must be a long one coming!
Old 05-04-2005, 10:37 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jcnesq
It must be a long one coming!
Or unlike Mark, he dosen't have wireless.

Quick Reply: A sad start to the rumble