Speed Bleeders

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 03:02 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael S.
Has anyone ever used one of the vaccum bleeders as offered by Griot's? I had a very bad experience with a pressure style bleeder once, and am very interested in a system that doesn't pressurize the master cylinder reservoir.
Prior to the Motive, I used a "Vacula" compressor operated vacuum bleeder which is essentially the same as Griot's bleeder. I much prefer the Motive (or any pressure bleeder) because the Vacula sucked some air from around the bleed nipple so the outflow fluid always had a few air bubbles even though there was no air in the brake system. Don't know if that's true of other types of vacuum bleeders. In addition, the Motive both pressurizes the system & when used as designed, maintains fluid in the MC. W/a vacuum system you must either monitor MC level & refill it or have a separate device to do that job.

Mike (nile13)
If you purchase a Motive, get the new "black label" for a few bucks more since it's got a longer hose & metal MC cap w/rotating hose connection - nice features to have. Recent Motive Black Label thread.

Quick Reply: Speed Bleeders