993 Market

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 04:29 AM
MetalSolid
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 993 Market

I know this subject has been discussed, but a friend is looking for 993 with Tiptronic in the 28k-33k range, what can he get and expect?

Last edited by MetalSolid; 03-29-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:56 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Depends...I don't think that transmission has much to do with resale, if anything the tips were less desireable, at least when I was looking 6-8 months ago [more tips at lower prices posted on AutoTrader et al]. If you are looking for bone stock 993 Carrera with a tip tranny with 50K+ Miles, that is probably going to be around the $25-33K range in decent condition. Forget the C2S and 4S. Seeing that you are in California, it wouldn't surprise me if the car is more expensive out there than in GA, but just tell your friend to look around on autotrader.com and some of the other classifieds and see what he can find. I would advise to search for the options that he wants and do an "unlimited mileage" search. Oftentimes you'll save a chunk of change even after the transportation [or enjoy the drive yourself!]. Good luck and keep us informed.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

I am sure mid $30's would present a nice example. Not sure what quality of car can be had for high $20's. Tip cabs seem more plentiful than Tip coupes, my observation anyway.

There are the exceptional, and somewhat lucky purchases out there where one has paid in the $20's, and found themself with an exceptional, well documented 993..

Best is to be patient, and look nation-wide for that particular car..
Old 03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

I've spoken with a lot of Porsche dealers, and many feel a tip is much tougher to sell. Many, like Holt, won't buy tips as their clientele isn't looking for them. Not sure of how much of a discount they would bring, but simply because fewer people are looking for them, you should have more negotiating leverage than a manual. As a point of reference, last week I purchased a manual C4 cab with 48K miles for $31K, so you shouldn't have much problem meeting your price point.

Quick Reply: 993 Market