Need Recommendation for Repair Shop in Phoenix area

Old 03-25-2005, 09:03 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Need Recommendation for Repair Shop in Phoenix area

Reader's Digest Version

The night before I was to commit to Interstate bring my 993 from Maine to Glendale AZ, she decided to mark her territory in the garage-major dump from the passenger wheel well area. For over a month the one semiretired-and very good-Porsche mechanic in the Bangor area has had issues and could not get out to look. I had changed the oil before leaving and the car hasn't been started so it could be a simple thing-but I don't know.

At this time I am thinking about having it shipped as is to the Phoenix area and, since I am in an Apartment that I would not trust leaving a Porsche near, left at a shop to get a diagnosis.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in advance

Al
Old 03-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Al,

There are several to choose from. I have had experience with two: the dealer in N. Scottsdale and Don Jacksons - independent.

I used Don Jackson to service my 964 and he is very good. His reputation is impeccable. Unfortunately, he is far away from me ... and you.

The dealer gives me excellent service and the prices are fair if you negotiate at the front end. Convenience, loan cars, etc. factor into my costs. Let me know and I will tell you my mechanic's name.

Other shops are Stutgart (sp) in Tempe, Zuffenhausen (sp) in Scottsdale. I also suggest you call Exotic Motorwerks in Phoenix. It is a true mom and pop shop, but they provide great personal service. However, I think they specialize in water cooled p-cars.

Is that enough to go on?

PM me and we can talk if you want. Can you make it to the DE tomorrow at Firebird? You can watch me drive like a granny.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:23 AM
993Maineiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 113 Posts

Patrick,

Thanks very much-I'll join you guys yet for a ride and some DE!

Al

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Recommendation for Repair Shop in Phoenix area