993 Forum 1995-1998

An apology

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default An apology

One week ago I layed into a certain Mike Cap and found myself locked out of rennlist for a while. I want to apologize for my Vodka & Tonic induced rant and suggestive remarks. I was way out of line. One thing is clear, I'm not a big fan of MC but I'm embarassed for having written what I did. Thanks to the moderator for a 2nd chance and to those who thought bannishment should not happen (this time). If I was moderator I don't know if I would've been as lenient. Lesson learned. I have always found the 993 area of rennlist helpful and my only bad experiences have been related to Mike's criticisms of me or others. I don't like it but I guess I really don't have to respond to any of it either, my bad. What makes it worse is not being a member and then giving a member some grief (right or wrong). If I intended on taking advantage of group buys etc I would probably have paid the small membership fee, however, I can only assume that with or without my direct dollars for membership, rennlist won't go broke due to paying members and sponsors. I'm guessing if there were a very serious financial issue with all of this there would be a limit to the number of posts and replies that one could make before becoming a member. In any case, sorry to those who I offended. I know there are those of you who have no sympathy or tolerance for what occurred. Those who share that opinion will be glad to read that you'll not see / hear any more from me as it seems I have worn out my welcome here and have only myself to blame for letting MC push my buttons. Thanks to those who were gracious enough to share thoughts and ideas with me over the past many months. This apology is more for them.
All the best,
2ndof2
Old 03-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Cooter
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It takes a big man to admit he was wrong. For that you are to be commended. As far as membership goes, I think the overall opinion is that the membership fee is so minimal compared to what you gain and the amount of actual $$$$ you save from being able to tap into the collective experiences of the board. A few posts here and there and I don't think anyone will mind - but after 319 posts, don't you think you should give something back ? I do, that's why I satarted post #1 as a member. Become a member and lay off the sauce man
Old 03-18-2005, 05:56 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

congratulations to you for stepping up. I am impressed.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

2nd,

Very classy and humble move. Nice one. I hope you stick around.

WRT memberships, I believe there was a thread in the OT section that discussed how very few members are actually paid members. John D is not minting money through Rennlist.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also very impressed.

Nice job 2of2!!
Old 03-18-2005, 06:20 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nicely done!

Now you know...drinking and driving or drinking and rennlisting don't mix very well.

As for Membership...I have gotten my moneys worth here tenfold. You probably have that much change scattered around your Porsche. Gather those pennies and ponny up!
Old 03-18-2005, 07:29 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Very admiral of you, 2ndof2. I believe you owed this to Mike Cap and to the rest of the Rennlist family. Apology accepted.
We don't treat each other that way and you have shown the beginnings of understanding.
I think you should stay. It is time to become a member, this guarantees RL will be around serving many more who come after us.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:05 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As a "Lifetime Member" I don't have to pay dues, but I do anyway. Besides contributing to the collective knowledge base when I can, I figure it's the least I can do to show my appreciation to those that make this place possible - John and Jen and our moderator Viken. to you!
Old 03-18-2005, 08:55 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

It does take a man to step up to the plate and admit being wrong. It takes a bigger man to do it publicly. I applaud your decision and hope that you stick around.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts

Great post/thread. Haven't met anyone yet that posts here on the 993 forum, but I have friends that I don't feel this close to.... did I really say that! I think I meant it though.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:04 AM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

2ndof2,

I too commend you on the public apology. I hope you stay and become a member. Overall this is a very good community that helps each other out and we all want it to keep going. Like Mark in Baltimore said there are a lot less members than you would think. You can't even go to the movies and get something to eat for less than the cost of a 1 year membership. I went from a 1yr membership to a 2yr membership because I felt that it's well worth the money and time I spend here.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:35 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

A lot of people wouldn't have sent an apology. Good job. As others have said, you should be commended for this action.
I used to like vodka tonics myself-but that was before this internet thingy was around.
Stick around 2ndof2.
chuck
Old 03-19-2005, 03:15 AM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

2nd of 2,
I commend you for being man enough to own up to your actions. It takes a good person to acknowledge wrongdoings and point them out and correct them.

Having said that, you have paid your dues (the non-monetary dues) on the learning curve and you will benefit from it. We all have our differences and that is what makes us unique. I may not agree with what you say, what MC says or what anybody says for that matter. If you think about it, though, that is the genesis of debate from which constructive conversations and criticisms come from. If you can handle that, this is an unbelievable place to be and to share your ideas, concerns, criticisms, etc... as long as we withhold any kind of personal attacks (right or wrong).

In summary, you are a good person for posting this apology. I hope I can speak for the board and say you are welcome to stay and we honestly prefer you do, because if we all had the same opinions on everything there would be nothing to discuss. Think about it and follow your heart. There are very few boards on the net that have this tight of a group of participants and it is something special. Being a 993 owner, it would be a shame for you to miss out only because of a few negative comments spoken in anger by you from "outside influences".

Good luck, and consider your options before making a rash decision.

Final note....You have probably already gained the monetary value of a membership here simply from the information you have obtained on this board since you started posting here. I know I have!!!! If you really think about it, the cost of a membership is a joke. If you DO want to stay, join us as members. If nothing else, it shows people you respect the community and want it to remain.

Best wishes. 993's forever!!!!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

So now I got to figure out how to take you off my "Ignore" list.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 803 Likes on 492 Posts

2of2nd. I commend you for your public appology.

Quick Reply: An apology