Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

So Cal vs No Cal Rumble; DEPOSITS NOW DUE....

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 04:57 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default So Cal vs No Cal Rumble; DEPOSITS NOW DUE....

I assume that we are now all in agreement that the chosen date will be Saturday, April 30th. We now need to confirm a location and make the required deposits. I still have EBERLE WINERY confirmed for a BBQ lunch @ 11:30 that day with the full vineyard tour and tasting @ $ 27.50 per. While that reservation is still ours, we need to make the deposits this week.

Thoughts and ideas please. I do have a PAY-PAL account, although I've never used it to receive monies before. I suppose I could figure it out....

Last edited by jrgordonsenior; 03-09-2005 at 06:20 PM. Reason: to bring it curent...
Old 03-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Rand
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John

I am in but do not have a paypal acct. If you want to PM me an address I will send a check right away.
Old 03-07-2005, 05:49 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

John,

Do we pay in full up-front? Are we paying the winery and caterer separately? Juse let us know the details.

Thanks for doing so much for this get together.

CP
Old 03-07-2005, 05:52 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Pong, Rand, et al...

I don't have all the details yet. The vineyard is trying to confirm with their normal caterer who may now be busy that day. We'll know by tomorrow. The purpose of this thread was to open the floor to anyone's else's ideas. I'm totally willing to front the deposit once we get the details sorted out....
Old 03-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

JR:

Are you discussing a time for the caterer??? I would like to know as it affects the possible drive route I could plan for this event.

TIA
Old 03-07-2005, 06:01 PM
CP
Race Director

Jim,

Which ever route you take, I'll follow. Just let me know when and where to meet up.

CP
Old 03-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

CP:

I've got several variations thought through. As you know, I could drive all day, but then we need to think about why we are going...

If timing works, I have two new roads to introduce the group too. Depending on timing, we might only get one of the two in....actually mabe neither....all depends !

I sure don't want to have to drive the 101 all the way to King City, then head west like we did Superbowl Sunday just to get some back roads in. For the moment that's the default, but this has the least amount of good roads in a route.
Old 03-07-2005, 07:38 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking Pay Pal...its so easy

John,

Since you have established the account, anyone with an e-mail can mail you money. I would suggest, since it is so easy to set up, that all that want to send deposits, do it using Pay Pal...they need to gross up because Pay Pal clips the recipient for at least 3% (They have to make a buck too).

I'll send you $1.00 to day...go to your Pay pal account and enjoy that dollar. You simply transfer the funds from Pay pal to your bank. Note: It will take about 4 business days to get that $1.00, less the 3%.

Pay Pal makes money on the float and the 3%.

Count me in for the rumble...Once we finish up at Eberle...how about a barrel tasting at X winery for the wine geeks amongst us. As a grower I have a few connections in the Paso area. I think I could arrange something if I had an idea of the possible attendees!
Old 03-07-2005, 08:01 PM
nman413
Drifting

John, a suggest re Paypal since I use paypal a lot.

Set up 2 accounts (I can give you gmail accounts if you want to tie them to)

1) Personal Account
2) Premier Account

People with Personal Accounts (backed by Checking Account) can send you money to 1) without incurring the 3% charge.

People with Personal Accounts (backed by CC) or Premier Accounts can send you money to 2) including the 3% gross up.

Hope this makes sense. Feel free to call if you want more info.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:08 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Hey Jauder I upgraded my personal to a Premier account just a few hours ago in order to facilitate withdrawls. Where the hell were you then???

The reality is 3% of $27.50, if that's the number we end up with, is all of $.83!
When the winery and caterer give me the final number I'll just add a $1. to it.....

Jim Morton,

We were thinking 11:30 tour & tasting, 12:30 BBQ and wine consumption, followed by mandatory breathalizier testing......
Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and then we go taste at Justin or some other nice place that Martin arranges?
Old 03-08-2005, 01:10 AM
CP
Race Director

What's planned for Sunday. Wish to see if it's worth staying overnight.

Thanks.

CP
Old 03-08-2005, 01:31 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

I would think a early morning "spirited drive" to explore some of the local back-roads might be in order. I know of a few, and of course Mr. Schacht might be able to offer a few suggestions....

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/SantaRosaCreekRd.htm
(Scroll down for the Old Creek Road-my favorite)

or...

http://www.pashnit.com/roads/cal/Highway229.htm (The L. Ron Hubbard highway...)
Old 03-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking The $1.00 was sent...now you can use this..

as an excuse to see how Pay Pal works, for those pesky Rumble deposits!
Old 03-08-2005, 01:38 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

JR Gordon, et al:

Not to stir an already disturbed "Rumble" pot, but if you are planning an 11:30 tasting, that does not give us NorCal guys much time for a drive down other than using a route that is mostly US Hwy 101. Not to say the event as being planned is not a good one, it just makes a decent backroads drive from the north sort of hard to do in the time available.

Given the theme and timing, I think it best for me to bow out of planning any sort of back roads drive associated around this event. The timing is just too tight for all things to fall in place within one day.

Enjoy.

Quick Reply: So Cal vs No Cal Rumble; DEPOSITS NOW DUE....