Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 12:24 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Gingerman in July...

Hey Corporate Turles and other Mid-West Porsche Fans,

My official social coordinator (WIfe) is starting to plan the trip to South Haven for the Gingerman Club Race, my first so watch out for the big "X". I'm looking forward to seeing the corporate turtles there in force and spending some time on the beach. I'm not sure exactly when we'll be there, but I'm planning on being there at least a day before the CR starts.

Any ideas on places to stay or rent for the extended weekend. There will be a couple of families as my wife and baby are coming as well as my brother-in-law and his wife and baby. Any leads would be helpful.

Thanks and see you all in July...

-SKip
Old 03-02-2005, 12:50 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I'lll be there with Skip, too, encouraging him and hoping he doesn't kick my ***.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:33 AM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when we go to gingerman, we like to stay at the Hampton Inn...
Old 03-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Skip, It will be great to see you again! Looking forward to meeting Mark in person as well. Skip, if this is going to be your first race, ask Susan if she will to make me you race mentor (so you dont get stuck with someone like Jeff!) As for places to stay, being 4th of July weekend, most houses are going to want a week rental. The Hampton is where a lot of people stay but there are a couple more right around there as well. I would book early as the area will sell out. Give me a buzz if you need any more info
Old 03-02-2005, 10:45 AM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

swiftiii, I think you will need to be there the day before for the rookie stuff, don't you? I should remember, but I don't.

I plan on going too. Guess I need to start thinking about a place to stay as well. I look forward to meeting everyone.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:22 PM
mrhude
Racer

Hey guys,
Our local PCA group sponsors Driver Education events at Gingerman, however not this club race. We are sponsoring a driver's event there in June. If you want information on this event let me know. I live about an hour from the track in the heart of Amish country. There's a lot of great bed and breakfasts in our area and lots of things for your families to do. If I can help with resources or accomodations, I would consider it a priveleldge. I used to live in Winchester, VA and absolutely love your part of the country. I spent a lot of time at a beautiful track just north of us in West Virginia. I got to see a 956 scream around the track there, what a day.
Hope to see you in July!!
Mike
Old 03-02-2005, 04:14 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mrhude
Hey guys,
Our local PCA group sponsors Driver Education events at Gingerman, however not this club race. We are sponsoring a driver's event there in June. If you want information on this event let me know. I live about an hour from the track in the heart of Amish country. There's a lot of great bed and breakfasts in our area and lots of things for your families to do. If I can help with resources or accomodations, I would consider it a priveleldge. I used to live in Winchester, VA and absolutely love your part of the country. I spent a lot of time at a beautiful track just north of us in West Virginia. I got to see a 956 scream around the track there, what a day.
Hope to see you in July!!
Mike
Is this the MICHIANA event on the 11th and 12th?

If yes, we intend to be there!!!! I just made the hotel reservations actually!!!

We went last year and had a great time!
Old 03-02-2005, 04:38 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

I think Swiftiii was talking about the club race on the 2nd and 3rd.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:50 PM
mrhude
Racer

John and ceboyd,
There are two events about two weeks apart. Our Michiana region is sponsoring a driver's education event on June 11 - 12. Harry Burnstine has asked me to help with this event. If you're planning on attending either event, I would be glad to help. If you need a place to camp, I have sixty acres on a private lake with a 12 car shop, if you get in trouble. I do not have any rv/ trailer connections, however, there are many RV sites between here and South Haven. We should make a point of getting everyone together for dinner while you're here. I would be glad to host this.

Let me know what your thoughts are,

Mike

P.S. The fishing is great in my lake so bring the kids!! We caught a 7 1/2 # large mouth bass last summer on fly gear!! What a treat.

Quick Reply: Gingerman in July...