Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

M5 Totalled, I'm OK, A Few Questions, Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 01:35 AM
Terrance Seto
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch! redlight runners are idiots. I always pause at the light now after it turns green. Usually, someone will blast by the intersection at the last second.

I live in Milpitas, and they have cracked down big time on red light runners. $371 fine? I think that's the going rate now. One day, it should be $1000 and community service!
Old 01-21-2005, 01:53 AM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ouch!!!!

First of all, I'm glad you are ok.
secondly, I hate to see such a pretty car wrecked - one thing you might want to look into is having it appraised. Even damaged, an appraiser can determine it's pre-crash value.
Thirdly, speaking as a Paramedic/Firefighter, never nevr never never roll an occupied (or occupied for that matter) vehicle onto it's wheels!!! I know your intentions were in the right place, but I'm sure that Blazer bounced around quite a bit when landing on it's wheels. two situations could have (luckily did not) played out - 1) the injured driver suffers more injuries from being bounced around. 2) bystanders getting crushed by vehicle rolling back over. That would have been tragic for you to survive such an accident only to be crushed by trying to roll her Blazer back over. God forbid if you are ever in that situation again, provide verbal support to the crash victim, and let the firefighters do their job!!!
Again, I'm glad you're ok!
Old 01-21-2005, 03:40 AM
Ash
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Pong,
Very sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident but relieved to hear that you and the other driver were able to escape what could have been far worse.
It's sad to see your M5 mangled like that but in the end...better it than you...looks like it saved you well. Hopefully you won't be feeling any immobilizing aches and pains tomorrow. Best of luck on a quick and equitable insurance settlement!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:09 AM
nels415
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Pong,

Man, I loved your M5. Sorry, glad to hear you weren't hurt bad though. When I saw that pic, I was worried. Take care see you soon.

-nelson
Old 01-21-2005, 05:09 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow pong so glad you were belted in & in such a great/safe car. take it easy for a few days as i'm sure you will be sore.

don't worry too much re: your claim etc... like addison stated, your ins. co. will collect from her's. as far as your mods etc... have a list of your upgrades & let them know you're expecting full compensation. btw: get a 'rental' too asap, that will be covered too.

so glad you're o.k. ----> to a speedy recovery & settlment/replacement. (damn! ya just posted those great shots a few days ago too)
Old 01-21-2005, 06:50 AM
SLVR
Pro

CP, sorry to read about this. As many have said, most important is walking away unhurt. Too bad about the M5, looks like it was a really nice car.

Rgds
Louis
Old 01-21-2005, 10:36 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Pong,

Thankfully you walked away with no serious injury. Few of us appreciate the "hidden value" of our cars until we see how we are fortunate that the car has been designed to withstand the horrors of an accident. I am both a Porsche and BMW enthusiast and I am constantly reminded of the hidden value when I read about a serious accident.

Insurance settlements are a challenge and the previous advice is absolutely correct. Some steps I did to present a counter argument when my son totalled our Mustang convertible.
1. Prepare an organized argument. You will need to present your case in a clear concise way.
2. Document the FMV of your car by making copies of web site appraisal guides (NADA, Edmunds, etc), copies of classfieds (AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc)
3. Receipts for any mods your purchased. If you do not have a receipt, get one!

If some of your mods can be removed and switched back with the OEM stuff, consider doing that since it is your car until the insurance company writes you a check. Ebay is a wonderful channel to sell some of that stuff. Sometimes the bodyshop holding your car may make a little noise if you arrive with a wrench or two, but it is your car. Just don't strip the car and deminish the FMV appraisal. And lastly, it is only money which thankfully can be replaced.

Good luck.
Mark
Old 01-21-2005, 11:41 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 104 Posts

Pong,

Glad you are OK! Seems that it was a serious impact?

regards
Old 01-21-2005, 12:23 PM
C4S_fan
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Pong: Wow, that's horrific. I'm glad to see your OK.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

I join the chorus in wishing you a speedy recovery and best of luck with getting your claim resolved.

Also, thank god it wasnt your beautiful and unique Ruf. - am i the only person that thought this?
Old 01-21-2005, 01:17 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 126 Posts

I am so glad that no one was seriously injured. Take it really easy for a couple of days. I was in a really bad accident in Philly on the airport drive and I decided not to go to the hospital because I thought I was okay. I jumped on a plane to Chicago and in the middle of the flight, found out that I really was in trouble. It sometimes takes a while for the soft tissue damage to manifest itself...

On another note, I think that they should take away people's licenses for running red lights. It has to be one of the most dangerous things to do in a vehicle. In Seattle, I have to count to ten before proceding.

Take good care of yourself.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
PK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow
Pong, didn't we just saw pictures of your awesome RUF together with that beautiful M5 not too long ago??? and now this??
I'm glad you're ok...M5 can be replaced but you are not.
Please take care and keep that nice RUF safe now.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
993Brendan
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 18 Posts

CP-

I'm sorry about your car, but I'm glad that no one was seriously injured in the wreck. Just a few days ago, I was downloading pics you posted of both your cars sitting in your driveway and telling my girlfriend how one day my garage will look like that!

Hope everything with insurance gets taken care of quickly!

Brendan
Old 01-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Bradford
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

CP,

Not a good way to start the day....glad you're OK.

Scott
Old 01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I love M5's but it is only a GRAIN OF SALT compared to your health. Certainly glad to hear you're ok. Good luck with the upcoming stress of getting everything worked out and do watch out for internal injuries.

Quick Reply: M5 Totalled, I'm OK, A Few Questions, Pics