Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Big Willow next Monday the 24th...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:42 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Big Willow next Monday the 24th...

Just a little reminder note to all So Cal drivers that Tracquest has Big Willow rented next Monday. It's a DE event with instructors and the opportunity to run on the big track. Martin Schaat and Viper Bob are 2 of the instructors that will be there. Info below....

http://www.tracquest.com/Events/WI200509.asp
Old 01-17-2005, 11:50 AM
touf
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone should check with Todd.
I was talking to him on Saturday and he told me that he will be cancelling this event because only 8 people signed up.
Any news?
Theer is a PCA SD event at the STS the Sat and Sun and then the tracquest event on Monday at Big willow. was really looking fwd to 3 days of fun
Anyone doing the STS event with PCA?
Old 01-17-2005, 01:53 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking Cancelling the event????

I just spoke to Todd...it is not looking good ..........he will let us know if it is still on. Todd is doing his best to make it happen...if it can, he'll pull it off. But in the final analysis, it is up to us!

If about 20 or 30 Rennlisters signed up TODAY, + some instructors too, we'd have an event!!!! Come on guys, its time to see if all those mods you put on your car make you any faster!

Last edited by Viken; 01-19-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:37 AM
mleds
Rennlist Member

Although I dont think that I alone joining Todd will make the event stay on, I will call him tomorrow and give him my dinero.
Lederer
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

I signed up as an instructor Saturday, and I see a few more people registered on Monday.
Old 01-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

It doesn't look good!
Old 01-18-2005, 12:33 PM
touf
Pro

I just registered as well.
I will be at the STS on Sat and Sun.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

VB,

Did Todd roll en route to Laguna? That's terrible. I hope he's okay.

Rich
Old 01-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Talking Horrible luck/Great Luck!!!

Todd flipped his car: Bad Luck The fact that he is OK, Great Luck!

And look at it from an optimist view point, things have got to get better! I wish Todd and TracQuest the best of luck and good fortune going forward.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:00 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Originally Posted by viperbob
Add to that the fact that he rolled his GT2 on the way to Laguna and you have one awful streak of bad luck...
Originally Posted by viperbob
He's OK. Just (OK, maybe 'just' is not the right word) flipped the car going down a steep grade off the road (lost traction apparently from some dirt washed out onto the road). Flipped onto the roof and then back onto the tires...
Hey viperbob. What is the purpose of you posting this personal information about Todd?

If you did that to me you'd have hell to pay.

Just goes to show you cant buy class.
Old 01-19-2005, 01:53 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Maybe this whole thread should just be deleted.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Radar
Instructor

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
Hey viperbob. What is the purpose of you posting this personal information about Todd? If you did that to me you'd have hell to pay. Just goes to show you cant buy class.
I agree. What purpose does this serve other than show people that he has "insider" status. Boy, first it was watt and now viperbob. One would wonder if they are one and the same.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:37 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Driver entires are up to 13 with 3 instructors. If anyone else is considering going PLEASE sign up today as this event will be cancelled without greater participation.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Unhappy Viper Bob has class...

I agree with EJ that Rennlist Forum is not the place to tell all that turnout for a few recent TracQuest events has not been as good as one would anticipate. I personally would have done Infineon in December (I did it in 2003) and Laguna Seca this week...business kept me tied up and unavailble. Track events in December and January have got to be tough to fill....but shame on those that indicated to Todd that they would be going, and then they did not show up. They are really putting a damper on the TracQuest experience for the rest of us that may want to do a TracQuest event in the future. In my estimation, Todd does TracQuest as a labor of love. And I, and lots of other folks, thank him for that.

One and all please note, TracQuest is a venue without equal. I have been to two (2) TracQuest events and they were fantastic, well run and with excellent instruction available. Whomever does not attend a TracQuest event when they have an opportunity, this is your loss. They may seem a wee bit expensive, but you get what you pay for, and more. I had planned on attending the event at Big Willow...but too many committed attendes seemed to have lost their commitment. I do hope that the event happens

And one more thing, TracQuest enables the sensible and thinking driver to drive tracks that would otherwise be inaccesible to anyone by the professional race or Club Race driver. If you are found to be something other than sensible and thinking, Todd will send you home. Todd's events will exceed your expectations, guaranteed.

Having met Viper Bob, he is a great guy with a real love for Porsche cars. He shares that love of 993 cars with Todd and the rest of us. I am certain that if he could do it over, he would have posted a revised summary.

And that is my $0.02
Old 01-19-2005, 07:47 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Hey Martin, I think you missed my point of contention. I was talking about viperbob blabbing to 50,000 rennlisters about Todd's wreck. While it seems most people here have short memories, I remember what happend last time people posted private information like this.

It is so uncool. There is just no other way to describe it.

Quick Reply: Big Willow next Monday the 24th...