Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

CrossPost - Decision time / Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 05:06 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CrossPost - Decision time / Opinions?

OK I posted this to the TT forum, and I need some opinions as to what prolongued service intervals do to a low mileage car.
As the sig says... Almost there now..
Post in the 993TT forum **Click**
Old 01-05-2005, 06:27 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMHO even a low mileage 993 should be serviced at least once every 12-15 mos to change the oil, check the fluids and lube the joints, etc. The valve gaskets are notorious for drying out an non-driven cars.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Having spent some time in Athens, I suggest you find the softest spring/shock combo. Otherwise, you'll need back surgery.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:15 AM
pjc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Personal view - fluids should be changed regularly - in the UK dealers do what they call an 'annual service' for cars that are low use cars. This covers oil and filters changed and a general check over on state of tune, brakes, tyres etc. and provides a report for the owner giving wear details etc. Brake fluid and should be changed according to the handbook, air bag checks should be carried out according to handbook. Get air-con checked for pressure every two years.

In other words the car should have some form of servicing at least every 12 months - and run regularly (once a month) even if not for extended periods to ensure the oil circulates and lubricates seals etc. (also work the air-con or the gas will leak through drying out seals)

PJC

Quick Reply: CrossPost - Decision time / Opinions?