Somebody should buy this car

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 685 Likes on 380 Posts
Default Somebody should buy this car

http://gordiebouchernissan.com/frame...vehicle_search

Search on Porsche... couldn't figure out how to paste the exact ling.

Was interested in getting out of my 993 cab to get back in a WB, but decided to stay committed to the wind in the hair.. even though I don't have but a few.

According to the dealer... two owner (one of which didn't drive it), local car... new tires and 15K service done. Price is high, but in the end... its only money.

No connection to the dealer... just hope it can make someone's day.

Details per dealer:

98 C2S Artic Silver/Classic Grey

Litronic Headlamps
Hi-Fi Sound
18" Turbo Wheels
Aluminum Dials, Shifter & Brake Handle
Power Seat Package
Motor Sound
CD
Painted Center Crests
CD Shelf
Old 01-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow, for that money I would seriously consider a 997.

Interesting.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:40 AM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I inquired, sounds very nice. Been there awhile. Salesman compared it to the cars on RPM and Sloan websites.
I am begining to think that the low mileage garage queens, '95 to '98 aren't such great cars. The age and lack of exercise on them would make me think they would require more maintenace up front, then a car that was driven with average miles that has had the proper service and maintenance which are up to date. IMO.. Just rambling, sorry.. trying to decide and justify. I already procrastinated and lost one with extremely low mileage because lack of history.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Stevarino
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA (Brentwood) & New York, NY (Tribeca)

I would tend to agree. I bought a low mileage cab from MN that sat unused for almost two years. I spent a few months sorting out brake and clutch slave cylinder issues. I've said it before and I'll say it again: These cars don't like to sit.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:15 AM
lowblow
Racer

I've been saying the same thing for awhile now. I purchased my 96' C4S with 57K on the clock. The car is awesome, was well maintained and has had no issues in 8 months.

If your not going to sell your car very soon why get hung up on ultra low miles?

mike
Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

There are two sides to every story. I am not hung up on low mileage, but did find a 1998 993 Cab with 5500 miles about 5 months ago and bought it. I have had no problems with it after puting 3K miles. Beautiful car and becuase I plan on keeping it for awhile, I thought the mileage was icing on the cake.

By the way, that silver WB, the dealer wants way too much money for that car.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Norske
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car only has 15k on it. Have no problems, of course it does get driven every other week or so.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

$65K is just ludicrous IMO...for that money I could have bought a cab and a coupe 993, or bought a decent TT...The widebodies are worth good money, but especially for a dealer car with no history, that is way too much...Read one of the posts about a car at a dealership--there is some interesting insight on one of the responses about why dealers [especially dealers that usually sell Hondas/Nissans/Fords] don't hang on to cars like Porsches and other "semi-exotics"...it will make you think twice about cars like this...

My $.02
Old 01-05-2005, 12:51 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with everyone about driving their cars and not letting them sit. Everytime I get in and drive my car I'm glad I bought it. They're too awesome of a car to let them sit in a garage and waste away. You never know there might not be a tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Somebody should buy this car