Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Yet another selling/value/advice thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/177100-yet-another-selling-value-advice-thread.html)

Dave I 12-27-2004 03:46 PM

Yet another selling/value/advice thread

The time has come to test the market for my '98 C2S, and I thought I'd try to get some input from the members here before starting the sale process. It's going to kill me to part with it, since I finally got it to the point where I'm satifisfied with all the mods.

35,500 miles, 3rd owner (since 22k miles), all service records. Body & interior in excellent condition, no mechanical issues. My mods include G50/21 gearbox, RS lightweight flywheel/clutch, M030 springs/swaybars w/Bilstein HD shocks(including custom lowering perches for front shocks), Nakamichi/Focal/MTX sound system with Phoenix Gold amp & subwoofer wiring in place (never got around to getting the sub enclosure), aluminum/carbon shifter, factory xenon/litronics package, passenger airbag on/off switch, Carnewal aluminum pedals, 3-spoke leather steering wheel/airbag.

Factory options include full leather interior, supple leather heated seats, aluminum gauges, motorsound exhaust, 18" hollowspokes(recently refinished to as-new condition), metal door sills.

Given that all the values on kbb, edmunds, excellence, etc seem to be somewhat lower than the actual market value, I just want to be sure my pricing isn't out of line before getting started. I'm hoping to get around 55k...

GratefulJED 12-27-2004 03:55 PM

As long as it's not smurf blue with pink leather...put the original tranny back in and sell that to someone on the board, that's probably 5k anyway, then you can probably get say 45 for it. Good luck, you will probably decide, as so many do, that you want to keep it before this thread is too old! :)

Midnight C4S 12-27-2004 04:26 PM

What color is it and has it ever had any paint work done? You will be asked this a lot I would imagine. Where did you have it serviced? I live just south of you in Menlo Park, I know a good friend who is looking now. PM me if you would prefer.

ventoGT 12-27-2004 04:34 PM

Hi Dave.

As mentioned, Color will have an effect on the price...also, that G50/21 Gearbox and LWF probably won't help the value unless you get lucky and sell it to someone who knows what it is and/or cares...likewise for the suspension. People have found that keeping these on the car don't up the price much unless you get lucky and find an enthusiast who plans on doing all of this to their car anyhow...I do think you should be able to fetch high 40s for the car most likely assuming that it is a desireable color and is in good condition.

Good luck and keep us all updated as to what happens.

Dave I 12-27-2004 05:28 PM

Color is black, with black interior. Original parts were sold to try & offset the cost of the mods. The only paintwork that I know of is that I'm currently having the front bumper & hood resprayed in order to touch up 7 years worth of rock chips that have accumulated. Service was done at Modderman in Mt. View, majority of mods were installed at TC Design in Milpitas.

John D, you're right; if it ends up being worth 45k, then I'll just keep it.

Midnight C4S 12-27-2004 05:49 PM

Ah yes a Vader, nice color combo appeals to many, I'd say she will fetch about 47K or 48K depending as was said on finding some guys like us here who know how good your mods are. Unfortunately the majority don't put near enough value in many of your mods. i would but they won't. Still you may well find a person who knows whats what and then 50 may come your way. I'll tell you of the time I almost got a '96 or'97 blk/blk C2S in Los Altos with I think 28K on it which was listed in the Chronicle for 43K, he got a ton of calls and someone came sight unseen with a cashiers check for I think 48 or 49K and got it. That was about 11 months ago. It didn't have your mods so take that into consideration but it might help to know as it's our area.