Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

First driving impressions of my new 993TT....

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 10:15 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default First driving impressions of my new 993TT....

Picked up the car from Joe Ramos last Thursday in the Bay area, drove it over to Devek's for an oil service, then headed South to LA on the 5. Terrible traffic so I didn't have any opportunity to open her up, just got used to the differences between my 98'Cab and this TT.

Well today was a different story. I met Eric, EThec on this board, for a quick lunch and then we thought we'd take a quiet Sunday drive up Sepulveda to Mullholland and back. Yea right! The moment the light turned onto Sepulveda off we went full boost and my first real WOT test of the car. Although I've ridden in faster cars like Seege's TT, I was still surprised how the car pulled in the upper RPM ranges. It has a Turbos S ECU which is good for 430 HP and increased torgue. We kept it under control even thought traffic was almost non existent, except for a few cars on Mullholland that we respectfully passed in the straights.
The car has much better turn-in than my C-2 Cab, perhaps from the 40/60 drive split, but also from the TRG bars. It has PSS9's but they're set fairly soft at 3/4 I think. We came back up Sepulveda from the valley and I took the upper S's fairly strongly. Again it was the power in the upper ranges that impressed me most. I guess I was expecting the boost to drop off after 5k, but it just kept coming on.
So I'm pretty excited and happy with the car. Track days coming in late January, but first up is a LWF/clutch at VB's after the first.
JRG
98' Cabriolet (sold)
Old 12-26-2004, 10:57 PM
mleds
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet... How many miles on the baby? How about a pic for me.
Lederer

Quick Reply: First driving impressions of my new 993TT....