Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   12 p-cars and I finally got a hardtop!!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/176727-12-p-cars-and-i-finally-got-a-hardtop.html)

jrgordonsenior 12-24-2004 10:45 AM

12 p-cars and I finally got a hardtop!!!

Flew up to the bay area yesterday morning at dawn(6!) and was met by Lt.Col. Joe Ramos(retired) who had a hot cup of coffee waiting for me in his BMW wagon. We drove back to his house sitting just yards away from the breaking Pacific Ocean in Half Moon Bay. As we approached, he clicked open his garage door and there sat 2 of the most beautiful asses man has ever created. Both were sitting low to the ground sort of crouching, just waiting for the opportunity to strike. On the left was Joe's brand new Speed Yellow GT3, and on the right, my newly purchased Polar Silver 993TT.

When you buy a car from a private party one of the determining factors for me is who the seller is. I got of "good feelings" about Joe from our numerous e-mails and subsequent phone calls, and upon meeting him, I knew this was a man of character. Car transactions can be so difficult sometimes, and sometimes everything can be just perfect from the car itself, to the transaction. This was one of those deals.....So we concluded the paperwork, and Joe handed me 3, 3-ring binders of receipts and articles he and the preivous owned had cataloged on this car. Unbelievable, they barely fit in the trunk!

So off we went over to Deveks as I wanted an oil service before I drove back to LA. Jauder, who drives another beautiful Polar Silver TT, came by and we all shot-the-s--t for awhile, and then I said my goodbyes headed South to face the realities of Hwy's 101 and 5 on the 23rd of December. Not the greatest of road trips, I jumped over to the 5 at Gilroy and proceeded to dive home mostly in 4th or 5th gear. Got a couple of chances to cruise at 100 and I was amazed how quite a hardtop is at speed when compared to my past Cabs or Targas, even with the Supercup exhaust system. 6 hours later I parked her in my garage...

So this morning it's off to the gym to work out the road kinks, and then a good washing and cleaning to see what see really looks like. I've yet to ask her to show me where her limits are, perhaps I can find a open stretch of highway later this morning.....
JRG

mborkow 12-24-2004 11:05 AM

in a word: awesome. congrats.

GrantG 12-24-2004 11:15 AM

Nice going! I bought my Polar 993 C2 from someone from Dallas on ebay who turned out to be a great guy too. Sure makes life better when that happens :)

24FPS 12-24-2004 11:49 AM

lifeisgreat.

merry christmas & congrats jrg! :D ... i'm in the same boat as far as only owning soft tops. (prob. more of a socal 'thing'). ahhhh tt & polar silver too! nice. (happy you didn't leave the 993 breed) look forward to seeing you smilin' in it @ malibu. :cheers:

please post pics when ya get a chance (new avatar mnm style?) :p.

rich

djantlive 12-24-2004 12:11 PM

congrats

joe still has the rx7? i knew him as fellow rx7 owner and he is a honest and generous person. didn't know he has 911 also...

chris walrod 12-24-2004 12:28 PM

Wow! Love reading the good car-buying stories. She has papers as well..
Congrats!!

911 12-24-2004 12:41 PM

John,

Congrats, again, on your TT. I'm looking forward to meeting you soon at a future POC event. Take care.

Rich

911 12-24-2004 12:42 PM

Oh, btw...You know the rules around here - when are we going to see some pics??!! ;)

Chuck W. 12-24-2004 12:56 PM

Great story...look forward to seeing the beast in person.

Air Kuul TT 12-24-2004 01:00 PM

JRG,

Congrats again and glad to hear you made it back safely :thumbup: I can't wait to see some pics!!

ca993twin 12-24-2004 01:34 PM

JR,

Congrats on a great purchase.

It's hard to explore the limits of that TT on public roads... consider a track event at nearby Willow Springs. Its a great way to see how the car behaves when pressed, and not put yourself, others, or your beautiful car in much danger. Perhaps a bunch of Rennlisters may pick an upcoming event and show up en-masse. Its really fun to shmooze with other Rennlisters, and test the car at the same time.

Hope to see you around.

mnmblu 12-24-2004 01:43 PM

John, yeah baby. Congrats. When she's all cleaned up you gonna want to take it for a drive on Mullholland. So... why don' you swing on by. I am four blocks from Laurel and Mullholland, I am dying to see it. Call me.
Cya,
Alan
PS. you must be there for the New Years Day TRE run, I INSIST.

911 12-24-2004 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ca993twin
...Perhaps a bunch of Rennlisters may pick an upcoming event and show up en-masse. Its really fun to shmooze with other Rennlisters, and test the car at the same time.

Great idea, Steve. How about the next POC STS event on January 30th?

mnmblu 12-24-2004 01:47 PM

Hey Rich, I am going to expect you there too. Hey all you guys check out this link for Jan one run.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...hreadid=197335

nman413 12-24-2004 01:48 PM

John, glad to see that you got home safely. Take good care of her, she's a great car. And maybe I'll see you when you come up again for some work on the car :)