Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Sold my 98' Cabriolet Today....

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 10:46 PM
nman413
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JR, when are you going to be at the shop? I have to stop in there too to pick up some parts...
Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by icerbofh
My car will miss it's twin although I'm slowly entertaining thoughts of selling mine...
WHAT????? Selling your car???? After you just spent all the money on it including the brakes going on this weekend?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

JRG,

A BIG congrats to you .... you don't mess around! I now have a twin (big brother) Happy Happy Holidays to you and Jan.

Whenever you get a chance give me a holla and I'll drive out to see ya and my new twin I'd love to see it, what color is the interior....

JRG, you are da man and I very happy for you!!
Old 12-22-2004, 11:00 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin S.
The guy hasn't even put his butt in the seat yet! Let the kid (John Sr.) live out his dream; its the Holiday, dare I say the Christmas word ? The really sick part...John and I are racing buddies, and him driving this TT car and me in NA will drive me nuts. We'll all be at the track, and Phil, me and the other 993 guys will have to put up with John Sr. smoking us down the main straight.

Since John told me of his plan a few days ago, I find myself looking at the Auto Trader for a TT car...please stop me now before it is too late! Noooooooo not another slippery slope! If you see my car in the classifieds, you know I have gone over the edge.

And for those of you 993 owners that have not driven a TT car. Do not do this. It is very habit forming.
...hahaaa......You guys don't even know....what has happened to the "Flat black"car!!.....
lets just say.........almost300lbs lighter.......lets just say......full roll cage.....lets just say..????????
and lets just say........................................

and lets just say.................???????????????? can yallllll......say 3.8?????.....so can ya all say that?????????????????otter than that......the car is totally stock!! ........MAYBE!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 11:19 PM
mleds
Rennlist Member

What would you replace it with?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:24 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

i thought Jeff just sold this car to Joe. ??
Why is it being sold again???
Old 12-23-2004, 12:35 AM
seege
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations John and we'll all see it on the next Malibu run.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

the license plate i very small, but i think it's joe/jeff's car?
congrats. it's a great car.

jauder, what are you buying after you let TT go?
ALL my porsches are gone ;-(
Old 12-23-2004, 01:28 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
ALL my porsches are gone ;-(
Did I read that right?? What??
Old 12-23-2004, 01:44 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seege
Congratulations John and we'll all see it on the next Malibu run.
CJ,
You absolutely know it's all your fault. I think it was when you blew by all those elderly parishoners leaving Sunday morning services on Hwy 74.....
JRG
Old 12-23-2004, 01:49 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
JRG,
Whenever you get a chance give me a holla and I'll drive out to see ya and my new twin I'd love to see it....
Tony,
Thanks for your kind words. I should be through your neck-of-the-wooods on Hwy 5 sometime tomorrow afternoon depending on .....so give me a holler if your around. Cell # (310) 990-9449.

John
Old 12-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts
Talking Phil, take your meds!!!!!

Phil writes above, "...hahaaa......You guys don't even know....what has happened to the "Flat black"car!!.....lets just say.........almost 300lbs lighter.......lets just say......full roll cage.....lets just say..???????? and lets just say........................................ and lets just say.................???????????????? can yallllll......say 3.8?????.....so can ya all say that?????????????????otter than that......the car is totally stock!! ........MAYBE!!!!!!!!"

Phil, please, I think you may have slipped a cog Perhaps too much Fris or Akvavit' or a combination therof!

I sent you an e-mail. If you really did all these mods, your car should be rocketship fast! A loss of 300 Lbs is about 30 HP gain, + the 15 of so with the 3.8...now you are at about 330 HP..add in those gears, big tires and wheels, gott en himmel, you will be unstopable

Your at HWFM Racing, and others such as myself, will be expecting records to fall as the Danish Terror from Solvang rips up the road. The mods sound great...see you at the POC STS in 2005 where we will all be worshiping at your shrine
Old 12-23-2004, 02:28 AM
nman413
Drifting

Spec Miata.....

As CJ says, I'll need a big jack to turn them over to wind the car up...
Old 12-23-2004, 02:53 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Phil writes above, "...hahaaa......You guys don't even know....what has happened to the "Flat black"car!!.....lets just say.........almost 300lbs lighter.......lets just say......full roll cage.....lets just say..???????? and lets just say........................................ and lets just say.................???????????????? can yallllll......say 3.8?????.....so can ya all say that?????????????????otter than that......the car is totally stock!! ........MAYBE!!!!!!!!"

Phil, please, I think you may have slipped a cog Perhaps too much Fris or Akvavit' or a combination therof!

I sent you an e-mail. If you really did all these mods, your car should be rocketship fast! A loss of 300 Lbs is about 30 HP gain, + the 15 of so with the 3.8...now you are at about 330 HP..add in those gears, big tires and wheels, gott en himmel, you will be unstopable

Your at HWFM Racing, and others such as myself, will be expecting records to fall as the Danish Terror from Solvang rips up the road. The mods sound great...see you at the POC STS in 2005 where we will all be worshiping at your shrine

Not I.....
I am just a Humble guy........in a humble class......with a humble car.........
Old 12-23-2004, 03:09 AM
tororoll
Track Day

Default congrats and enjoy.

Very jealous. Rock on. There is no substitute to the TT. Proud owner of '96 3x black cab. Life altering. Drive hard, Live Hard, Don't save anything for the ride home!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sold my 98' Cabriolet Today....