Sponsored by:

Euro M030 Spring Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2001, 08:54 AM
John W
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ray, what a cracking response.
The guys here in the office gave me some funny looks when I started laughing reading your post

Keep up the good work !

by the way, for those interested, hazet have a web site that lists/shows all their tools. http://www.hazet.de/eng/index.htm
If you know the tool index number, just search for it at the top of the page.

Cheers,
John (Iris Blue 94 993 C2)
Old 09-06-2001, 10:40 AM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by My Q Ship:
<STRONG>
And Hi Robin,
The picture of the tool you posted is for VW/Audi front struts. The correct tool
looks like a 3/8" drive deep socket with a window cut in the side of it (sorry I don't have a picture but, I'm pretty sure there is a drawing of it in the manual).

Q</STRONG>

My bad, I just took the picture from the Snap-on web site figure it was the closest looking thing. After checking out the Hazet URL John provided I think I found the right tool.

I can't remember if that is a 21 or 22 mm nut, but here are the Hazet part number for both of them.

2593-21 "12 point socket 21 mm"
2593-22 "6 point socket 22mm"

It is interesting in the shop manual Porsche refered the tool with two different names. Page 40-22 They called it a "half-open socket wrench", on page 40-24 "open-jawed socket key insert", and on the Hazet web site they just listed the tools as "sockets".

Old 09-06-2001, 01:36 PM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Memory going again.

I used a tool like the Hazet Robin posted someplace in the shock/spring assembly procedure as I remember vaguely; maybe it WAS the front upper shock/spring mount. They are sold for sensor installation, such as engine pressure/temperature sensors. I had problems finding one locally (Sears, etc.) that would fit, so I got one that fit loosely, then bought some of this sticky back aluminum foil sheet sold for body patches and cut pieces to fit inside the hex portion which grabs the nut. Kept adding layers till I had the proper size to be able to grab the nut firmly.

And Q (whoever you are) - thanks for the hint, but shock/springs are installed, and I'll be damned if they're coming out again to do what you suggest! Somebody else might want to use this hint when they do this job.

Quick Reply: Euro M030 Spring Installation