Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

mnmblu HOT NEW pictures from EXCELLENCE MAGAZINE photo shoot that I took on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:07 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct sir. Tyson works on my car.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:14 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan, congratulations!!!! We know you have IT. Now the world will have chance to see IT. I hope you get some offers that will pay you for doing what you love. Never work again, brother. Just being invited is quite an honor. You should be very proud of yourself. I'm sure I speak for many of us when I say we are proud you. Thanks for sharing.
Very nice pics. The RS is cool. Love the Duck Tail. Classic.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:16 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

I would like to make all of you aware of something.

I use a cordless keyboard and it is very convenient but sometimes it does miss key strokes that I have punched... ya see it just did it again. So... in reading my posts if you see something lie this <------ (missing the k.) It is not that I am a dumb *** it's because of this funky keyboard. Just want you to know.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:41 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Well... Thank you very much Randy, that is really very nice of you to say.

We will see what develops but if I just keep plugging away something good is going to happen, right? You know how these magazines work, they usually want you to buy some advertising and they will do an article on you. But... you never know and just having an introduction to show him what I have is worthwhile. So... we will see what happens. But I still have plenty to do before I am ready for that so I best be crakin.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:47 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me get this straight, an out of town Excellence photographer comes into L.A. and you don't refer him to the HWFMR Tour Guide to show him some roads. You've got some nerve You don't see me out there snapping photos of cars do you? I may have to report you to the union as this is a clear violation and an infringment on my team role.

BTW: I nominate Alan for team membership as official HWFMR Team Photographer
Old 10-03-2004, 09:14 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Fred,

You are a crack up.

He had very limited time and the location was super close to the cars and me. If I knew you would have been so upset, I would brought you in for proper consultation. I am sorry to have failed to recognize your proper role inasmuch as I am not a member of this fraternal organization.

However, I do thank you for the nomination. From what I have gathered being a member of this fine organization would mean I could wear one of those cool T-shirts that you have Fred... Is that true??? If so... then count me in.

And Mike, I should be an instant shoe-in considering we are ex neighbors, eh? Go Triviens.

So... is this some kind of democratic vote situation or is it the sole decision of the head director, decision maker, President and founder... from our heartland, former stockyard capital, hub of industry and center of commerce that was an intregral part of the building of this great country. Yes, Upton Sinclair had a funny take on the beloved city and so do the Cub fans. But nonetheless what a town Chicago is.

Now that should be proof enough of serious insanity. I am assuming that this is the criteria? So... when do I get a t- shirt.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:42 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The Team Founder, aka Head Turtle, has the final say-so . Also, beers are involved - SOFE can give you the details on that. As a team member, or just want to pose as one, you have the privilage of purchasing a hat and shirt (I need a new shirt btw XXL please, long sleeve prefered).

Other Possible Team Roles:
Team Infringeontheotherguysturfmeister Photog
Team ButCaptainImusthavemoreRAMifIamgiongtohaveenoughpowerforthesepics Photog
Team Icallitartyoucallitwhatyouwant Photographer
Team Icanphotoshopyourcarsothatevenyoudon'trecognizethatthecoolcaryouarelooki ngatisyours Photog
Team Iwillillbookyourtripbutnomatterhowcoolyourdestinationthere'snoplacelikeh ome'causethatswhereyour993is Photog

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2004, 10:01 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Ahhh, so there is grease involved, eh? Well this is America during the political season. And who is SOFE? I know a Sophie who has a great greek restaurant on 3rd St. I highly recommend it, no relation just fantastic food. Very creative Fred, I think I like the last one. And the first one I am not to sure what it means and I am not too sure I want to know? Am I treading on an Indian burial ground or something?
Old 10-03-2004, 11:00 PM
993RS
Race Car

So here I am, looking at Rennlist at 04:00 in the morning (must be a nut right? Yes, right!) and what do I see, this thread! Something instinctively told me to get up early and look at Rennlist.

Alan,
You are going on to newer and greater heights. Am very happy for you that you are getting the recognition you richly deserve! When your photos appear in Excellence, your fan club will grow another notch.

As to:

I read Steve 96C4S sig today and he had a quote from Joseph Hellerof and it says, "When I grow up, I want to be a little boy." We should always remind ourselves of that.
I couldn't agree more! Here I am 59 going on 12... (I used to collect matchbox Porsches then...) Your photos gets me all worked up... (even better than a Playboy centerfold... well, maybe not better but same level... ) That black Carrera RS replica rocks...

P.S. I see from your avatar that you are about 12 too...
Old 10-03-2004, 11:27 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mnmblu
1. And who is SOFE? 2. And the first one I am not to sure what it means
1. SOFE = CA993Twin = Steve Old Fartus Emeritus

2. It means that I was still pissed that you did not call me 'cause giving other Porsche (Excellence no less) people tours of my roads (turf). I'm over it now though, I think.

and good luck, may the eyes of the Big Turtle shine kindly upon you, but I suggest you get busy faxing or emailing or PMing some beers to SOFE just to get the ball rolling.

Old 10-04-2004, 12:12 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Phil,
This is no done deal, he just said he could give me an introduction... a very small step that could lead nowhere but I choose to think otherwise of course. To think is to be right?

Anyway, here I go dreamin again, wake up mnm. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Thanks again for the zillionth time for your great encouragement. And... Phil, I was 10 there and I still feel like that same kid. I was looking at that pic today thinking, man that was a long time ago but I remeber the moment so clearly that it feels like yesterday in a sense... strange.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:12 AM
Benton
Drifting

Those are VERY awesome pictures and cars. You have the knack for photography.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:22 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Thank you Mark, I never get tired of hearing that, appreciate you joining the party.

Fred, I am very sorry, just remember that to forgive is devine... And Fred I will pay you your dues but remember Mulholland around Laurel Canyon to Cahuenga is my turf....sorry been my little private course for 35 years. Only problem is that everyone else doesn't know that it's mine ,...private, ya know? Damn.

And I think Steve and I have a previous arrangement already

Last edited by mnmblu; 10-04-2004 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:29 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I love the idea of Porsche gangsta turf wars, funny concept. Gangs of P-cars guarding sections of Mulholland. Very funny.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:37 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

You really do crack me up Fred.

That's hysterical, turf wars, haaaa. Very funny. Modern day Jets of Studio City take on the Sharks of Sherman Oaks. We can mod our cars with things like chariot wheels from Ben Hur. What a hoot.

Quick Reply: mnmblu HOT NEW pictures from EXCELLENCE MAGAZINE photo shoot that I took on Friday