Sponsored by:

Help - Original Porsche CDR-210 radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2024, 10:47 AM
Luftzug
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help - Original Porsche CDR-210 radio

I have the factory CDR-210 radio on my 1997 4S that I purchased last year. I could never use it because the screen was locked in “CODE”, which I did not have.

During a cars & coffee my local Porsche dealer, I struck conversation with a service advisor who looked up not only the radio code, but also my immobilized and learning code. Problem solved, or so I thought…

I came home and punched the code on startup and it went through. The word “CODE” on the radio screen then changed to “WAIT”. I thought “great, we are making progress here”.

The problem is that I have been waiting now for a few days, and nothing changes. “WAIT” is still showing on the screen

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?
What should I press after punching in the CODE four-digit number? Is it the down arrow on the right side of the unit? The up arrow gets me back to CODE.

LZ

Old 09-22-2024, 01:04 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 215 Posts

I use to buy and sell these radios. The wait display can be fixed easily by letting the car sit for a few hours or it can signal the death of the radio.

Here is some light reading.... good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
The following users liked this post:
Heritage (09-23-2024)
Old 09-22-2024, 04:48 PM
Luftzug
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck W.
I use to buy and sell these radios. The wait display can be fixed easily by letting the car sit for a few hours or it can signal the death of the radio.

Here is some light reading.... good luck.

https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Thank you, Chuck!
“Death of the radio” sounds both ominous and likely here.
Old 09-23-2024, 02:01 PM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Radio code

Recent new owner of a 2001 TT, Has anyone had to contact Porsche to get their radio code?

Did some work that involved removing the battery. I thought I knew where the code was recorded in the paperwork when I purchased the car. I have all the manuals and receipts from 2001, but I don't find it now.

Do I have to contact Atlanta for same?
Old 09-23-2024, 10:22 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveG
Recent new owner of a 2001 TT, Has anyone had to contact Porsche to get their radio code?

Did some work that involved removing the battery. I thought I knew where the code was recorded in the paperwork when I purchased the car. I have all the manuals and receipts from 2001, but I don't find it now.

Do I have to contact Atlanta for same?
First go here and get your radio code...
Lost Radio Code FAQ -- Read This FIRST - Lost Radio Codes - RennTech.org Community

Then go here to request your code. I think you need to be a paid member.
Lost Radio Code - post your request here - Lost Radio Codes - RennTech.org Community
The following 2 users liked this post by pirahna:
Jlaa (Yesterday), SteveG (09-24-2024)
Old 09-24-2024, 11:19 AM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Default Radio code

Pirhana: Very helpful, thank you.

Old 09-24-2024, 05:27 PM
fsa
Burning Brakes

Received 179 Likes on 96 Posts

For those who are unaware, Pirhana was a forum moderator before Rennlist's "managment changes" some years ago. His input and commentary were always helpful and welcome, still are...
Fred
Old 09-24-2024, 06:20 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

I had a similar issue with the radio in my 968.

I had to leave the radio on for 24 hours before CODE changed to enable inputting the 5 digit code. (key needed to be on also to power radio)

​​​​​​​I know, slightly different issue than yours, but consider trying it.
Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM
SteveG
Rennlist Member

Default Radio Code

I had success yesterday. I have a CR220, Becker 1. I was able to get the serial number, but found the 4 digit code buried a document from the first owner, so I did not require the Renntech membership, although it looks like that site will be useful. The code worked and the presets were present, contrary to popular belief that they would be lost. Besides setting new frequency presets, I was able to activate the cassette operation, although it was finicky and I'm not sure how it came through, but I'm good for now.

The memory device that plugs into the cig lighter is expensive for what it is physically, but it looks like saving other presets re engine management (should they ever get erased) might be worth the $120.

Quick Reply: Help - Original Porsche CDR-210 radio